Golf Mk6 TFSI K03 IHI turbo conversion

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
sambb
New
Drives: 9N3 Gti

Golf Mk6 TFSI K03 IHI turbo conversion

Post by sambb »

Hi,

I'm looking to fit the IHI K03 that is OE fitment on the Golf 6 GTi onto my 9N3 Gti's 1.8T 20V. There seem to be two main ways to fit the TFSI turbos to the 1,8T - in RHD cars , either the CB solutions adapter plate with the angled studs integrated into the plate OR various other kits that use the OE studs that are perpendicular to the head but then need angled spacer/washers to allow them to bolt up to the angled face of the TFSI ex mani. All things being equal I would lean toward the CB auto solutions adapter plate so that the studs sit at the correct angle to the mani and mimic the OE mounting of this turbo. However my main concern is how much room I'm going to have to actually fit this turbo ie comp housing against the firewall and comp outlet against the brake master cylinder (I'm in Australia so RHD also). The CB auto solutions plate is 25mm thick which will stand the ex mani out off the head further than the methods that fit the ex mani right against the head.
So really I'm hoping to hear from people who have done this conversion in a Polo in particular as I'd like to hear which mounting method was used, were there clearance problems etc. Obviously also I'd like to hear from people who have done the K04-064 too as if that thing fit in a Polo then I can be pretty sure that the smaller K03 IHI will too!
thanks for any help

Sam