EPC Light

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
armagh02
New
Drives: 9n

EPC Light

Post by armagh02 »

Hi, had problem with car not starting, noticed EPC light wasn't on, I changed throttle body, EPC light on and car started but next day same problem, I checked ECU fuse and fiddled about at throttle body, EPC light came back on but not sure why and car started again?? something to do with power to the fuel system? any ideas
littlepolo
Gold Member

Re: EPC Light

Post by littlepolo »

You need a code reader. Also, if you've changed the throttle body you'll likely need VAG software to do adaptation.
armagh02
New
Drives: 9n

Post by armagh02 »

ECU fuse was faulty, hadn't fused but had cracked, hopefully that was the problem.

car is running fine since changing throttle body, does it still need to be programmed?
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

In theory I think as the engine's ECU needs to know what the end stop voltages are, though some people claim that the TB re-cals if you switch on the ignition and leave it for maybe 5 minutes - as long as you can hear the TB making moving noises. Obviously a batch of TBs are roughly all the same, but running "basic settings" will give the engine ECU a better set of figures to work with.
Matty74061
New
Drives: Mark 4 face lift (9n3)

Post by Matty74061 »

Hi new to this forum,
I have a vw polo 9n3 2006 and the epc warning light has come on but the car still works fine and can't see or hear anything different or unusual coming from the engine. I'm not quite sure what this warning light does and how to fix it. Would appreciate any help on it. Thanks.
littlepolo
Gold Member

Post by littlepolo »

You need to check for any error codes. Get a cheap code reader.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Post by CarbonChaos »

The EPC light can come on for Various reasons,EPC stands for ‘electronic power control’ I believe.
As said you need to get a scan done on the whole car this will give you a good starting point as to where the issue lies