Yet another remote central locking topic!

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
PugBrothers
Getting There!
Drives: Mk7 (9n3) 1.4Tdi Bluemotion 1

Yet another remote central locking topic!

Post by PugBrothers »

Hi All,

I’m new to the forum! Good to meet you all.

I’ve just purchased my first ever car - a 9n3 2009 Polo 1.4TDi Bluemotion 1 and my basic understanding of cars is probably an insult to you all, but I’m trying to do better.

First up, I’ve struggled finding any successful builds online of remote central locking, but read about a lot of people regretting they tried it. My car comes with one single manual key, and central locking is installed, but I’m not sure what do next in terms of installing remote central locking. Is a CCM required? Has anyone successfully done it? If anyone can offer any step by step guides or know a guy in Bristol, that would be great.

Thanks so much everyone!

PS - If you wanted cheering up today, I called VW to enquire about fixing the stuck cup holder. I was quoted a highly reasonable £365... :shock:
Sarim
New
Drives: 9n3

Re: Yet another remote central locking topic!

Post by Sarim »

Hi,

I've added remote central locking to mine. Was a bit of a pain to replace the CCM but the outcome was worth it. You need a spare key or you need to get another immobilizer chip coded to your car. I was lucky enough to have a spare.

Then you need to replace your CCM and get a remote locking fob. From then it's pretty easy. You need 1 key in the ignition and 1 outside to code the remote to the car (which is why you need another immobilizer chip).

A key thing to note is that if you buy a CCM that is already coded to the same number of doors you have then you shouldn't need VCDS to alter it. You'd only need it to change some creature comforts like auto lock when above 10mph etc.

You can code your own immobilizer chip but you'd have to look that up yourself. Think you need another bit of kit for it though.

So basically;

Items needed;
- Another coded immo chip
- Remote locking CCM (get one with same no of doors as your car)
- CCM part number is 6Q0959433E (Male sure it's the E model. Look on eBay as they have the car it came off usually and no of doors)
- Remote locking fob (get it cut and get install chipped immo chip)
- Remote fob part number is 1J0 959 753 DA (Again ebay)
- https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3063462835

1. Have a Remote fob that is cut and can start the car too
2. Replace your CCM with the Remote Locking CCM.
3. Then program your remote key to your car, using the video below

https://youtu.be/83Co22N70Gw

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PugBrothers
Getting There!

Post by PugBrothers »

This was so bloody informative, thanks for all that mate! I’ll check this out now.

In terms of what keys I’ve got, I only have the manual spare (which I thought had a transponder, but was actually a bloody lightbulb. I’m clearly an expert!).

I have no idea whether my car actually had remote locking previously, which is annoying. The seller said he had a key but wasn’t very specific about whether it was a remote key or just another manual one. Either way, does that manual central locking key make getting the fob made up any easier, or does it all need to be reprogrammed?

Cheers again for all this. Huge help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I could be completely wrong here, but here goes:- that manual/basic key that you have was a transponder chip bonded into it, the car's engine ECU needs that to disable the engine "dead locking system" - there is an aerial inside the steering lock area that reads the key's transponder rolling code.

Remote central locking uses a preprogramed small PCB to transmit to the car's remote locking/unlocking controller, and all remote function keys also have a transponder in them which is coded to the car's engine ECU - that way the engine start is protected from anyone having a key cut to the same lock as that car has.

I have not looked at that video, but as far as I know, only a VW dealer can code a new key or a used folding key that has been fitted with a new blade and a new fresh/unused transponder chip/pellet - or you can get a lock smith to clone a "refurbished" key to your original key.

The pairing of the actual remotes is a much simpler task and there is a simple procedure for pairing new keys and sorting out older keys that have not "confused".

New transponder chips/pellets can easily be bought online and all you need to do to refurbish any used folding key-fob is pick out the old and useless to you transponder pellet, glue the un-coded new one in and fit a new key blade cut to suit your lock - then get the transponder coded to suit the car's engine ECU or clone from your original basic key as I mentioned above.
Sarim
New

Post by Sarim »

Sorry for the very late reply but all keys have transponders in them to disable the immobilizer when you start the car. Even the manual key with the light you mentioned. I took it out of my manual key with a light. If you open it up, on the opposite side of the light bulb there's a small glass tube that is the transponder. You just swap it over to the remote locking key. Just be VERY careful removing it and swapping it over as you can break it. As far as I know, the chip isn't used for the remote locking part so they're not different.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

davlulham
New
Drives: 9n3 1.4 S

Post by davlulham »

Can anyone help me please? Been trying to get remote locking working on my car today. I have a vag-com and when I go into comfort control module it shows up as 6Q0959433E - the exact same part number that is supposed to work with remote locking according to this guide.

However -

My car is a 2007 9N3 1.4 S which as far as I know never came with remote locking, even as an option
I have a known good remote fob (1JO959753 DA) but I can't get it to pair after trying several different guides.
In VCDS I can't see any of the options relating to remote locking.
So I have to assume it will not work without a replacement CCM.

So which exact CCM do I need to find from ebay to make this work? Seen another 6Q0959433E listed on ebay for a tenner, but no idea if it's any more use than the one I've already got on the car. Totally stumped.
Sarim
New

Post by Sarim »

davlulham wrote:Can anyone help me please? Been trying to get remote locking working on my car today. I have a vag-com and when I go into comfort control module it shows up as 6Q0959433E - the exact same part number that is supposed to work with remote locking according to this guide.

However -

My car is a 2007 9N3 1.4 S which as far as I know never came with remote locking, even as an option
I have a known good remote fob (1JO959753 DA) but I can't get it to pair after trying several different guides.
In VCDS I can't see any of the options relating to remote locking.
So I have to assume it will not work without a replacement CCM.

So which exact CCM do I need to find from ebay to make this work? Seen another 6Q0959433E listed on ebay for a tenner, but no idea if it's any more use than the one I've already got on the car. Totally stumped.
The part numbers seem correct. Check out the video linked to pair the remote to the car and try that process [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

davlulham
New

Post by davlulham »

Thanks, but as I already said above, I've tried following all the instructions to pair the key fob and nothing worked.
PugBrothers
Getting There!

Post by PugBrothers »

Hi All,

Still looking to get around to this but I've done a bit of reading in the meantime. There's a lot of guides that involve coding but after a bit of reading, my understanding is that I wouldn't have to do any coding at all (with apologies to the post above looking for help!) if I follow these steps:

1. Purchase Comfort Control Model (6Q0959433E - coded to a 5 door car, as my car is 5 door)
2. Purchase remote flip key (1J0959753DA - found here: https://tinyurl.com/ydf6ypcl)
3. Get flip key cut (no idea who to use!)
4. Transfer transponder from old spare key to new remote flip key
5. Replace old comfort control module with new comfort control module
6. Pair remote key with car

So, no coding required at all, right? I've been told that this should work fine but I'd love to hear any opinions before I draw blood getting the old module out.

Thanks all :)
Last edited by PugBrothers on Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sarim
New

Post by Sarim »

PugBrothers wrote:Hi All,

Still looking to get around to this but I've done a bit of reading in the meantime. There's a lot of guides that involve coding but after a bit of reading, my understanding is that I wouldn't have to do any coding at all (with apologies to the post above looking for help!) if I follow these steps:

1. Purchase Comfort Control Model (6Q0959433E - coded to a 5 door car, as my car is 5 door)
2. Purchase remote flip key (6Q0959433E - found here: https://tinyurl.com/ydf6ypcl)
3. Get flip key cut (no idea who to use!)
4. Transfer transponder from old spare key to new remote flip key
5. Replace old comfort control module with new comfort control module
6. Pair remote key with car

So, no coding at all required, right? I've been told that this should work fine but I'd love to hear any opinions before I get draw blood getting the old module out.

Thanks all :)
That's the steps I took and no coding was required [emoji106]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PugBrothers
Getting There!

Post by PugBrothers »

Awesome. Thanks mate!

By the way - for the remote locking that wasn't working. Either the CCM needs replacing or it could be an issue with the remote key (the battery or transponder chip?) so maybe that's worth a look in.
PugBrothers
Getting There!

Post by PugBrothers »

Right, hopefully this is my last (and silly) question for all of this before going ahead and getting it done:

I've only got one key, and need two. I've found a guy that will cut and code the key for £65(!) so I'm going to go get that sorted after I've fitted the new comfort control module.

If I swap out the comfort module with the 'new 'one I'm assuming I shouldn't expect any issues with driving it over? I'm assuming it'll be fine driving it with my old key as normal.

It sounds ridiculous asking this - I'm sure it'll be alright. Just wanted to get a nod from an internet stranger!
davlulham
New

Post by davlulham »

PugBrothers wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:35 am Awesome. Thanks mate!

By the way - for the remote locking that wasn't working. Either the CCM needs replacing or it could be an issue with the remote key (the battery or transponder chip?) so maybe that's worth a look in.
Yes, but I don't know what to replace the CCM with??? According to vag-com the one I have in the car is already a 6Q0959433E. So if I get another one the of the same, how do I know whether it will work? It seems like that part number is meaningless since my car never came with remote locking. So getting another one with that part number could be just as useless as the one I already have.
PugBrothers
Getting There!

Post by PugBrothers »

davlulham wrote:

Yes, but I don't know what to replace the CCM with??? According to vag-com the one I have in the car is already a 6Q0959433E. So if I get another one the of the same, how do I know whether it will work? It seems like that part number is meaningless since my car never came with remote locking. So getting another one with that part number could be just as useless as the one I already have.
Have you tried another key? They’re selling them for £10 on eBay at the moment, it would just need the transponder moving across.

Do you know if the car came with a remote key when it was first sold at the showroom? You’d think that the reason the car has that CCM in the first place is because it came with one. Either way, it sounds like something isn’t working. If you’ve got the right module then I’d assume something is up with the key or transponder.

davlulham
New

Post by davlulham »

PugBrothers wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 pm
davlulham wrote:

Have you tried another key? They’re selling them for £10 on eBay at the moment, it would just need the transponder moving across.

Do you know if the car came with a remote key when it was first sold at the showroom? You’d think that the reason the car has that CCM in the first place is because it came with one. Either way, it sounds like something isn’t working. If you’ve got the right module then I’d assume something is up with the key or transponder.

Not sure what's going on. I've got a working key, I know it works because I paired it on another car. Possibly the car did come with a remote fob, although I looked up the model on Parkers and it says that the 'S' never came with remote locking even as an option. I took a chance and ordered another CCM from ebay for £10, the electric windows are also playing up intermittently (both sides?) so there's a small chance it might solve that issue as well.