1.2 6v problems needing help?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
RoadRunner95
New
Drives: 2005 9n3 Polo 1.2 6v

1.2 6v problems needing help?

Post by RoadRunner95 »

Hi everyone
I'm new to the forum and wanted to ask for you advise
So over the past 2 weeks my engine light has been coming on for a 1 or 2 then going out then last Saturday while driving to pick friends up I pulled up at a set of lights and it was like the engine started misfiring I car pulled away but as if it was losing power I pulled over stopped and started the engine and the car went back to normal but since then my car has been the same when it's cold it runs idles and accelerates fine but when it up to temperature the idle can be little jerky and when accelerating under load the car between 2000 and 3000 rpm the car jerks and shakes but after 3000 it's fine it's not holding back revs and when reading the codes it comes up fuel system too rich bank1 and no other codes and I dont know what to do?
what do you guys think I should do or have any of you had this happen to yous ?
gerinemo
New
Drives: Polo 9n3

Re: 1.2 6v problems needing help?

Post by gerinemo »

I would check the obvious things first
Air filter is it in good clean condition
as an old and dirty one will restrict airflow
The code you are seeing is telling you that the fuel to air ratio is too high at the first oxygen sensor just after the manifold
A dirty air filter or worn spark plugs would be the first thing I would check
Followed by checking the coolant temp sensor
Does your code reader let you see coolant temp ( is it right ) or does it say it is colder that it really is

If that is not the cause I would look at the maf / map sensor depending on which one your particular engine has

If still not resolved
Next you could have a duff ( leaking) injector
Incorrect throttle position sensor
Or possibly a burnt valve causing low or no compression
But as the car ran ok after a restart it may not be that but a compression test would rule it out as these cars tend to suffer from burnt valves