Stereo woes.

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Head of Sector 7
New
Drives: 2006 1.4TDI

Stereo woes.

Post by Head of Sector 7 »

Has anyone fitted this unit into their polo.
Pioneer SPH-DA130DAB?

It says it is not to be fitted to cars without the acc on the ignition?

Wanted to put this in my daughter's 06 polo.

All tips gratefully received.

HOS7
PugBrothers
Getting There!
Drives: Mk7 (9n3) 1.4Tdi Bluemotion 1

Re: Stereo woes.

Post by PugBrothers »

Hey Hos7!

I’ve literally just installed the 230DAB to my car a few weeks ago - rather than mess around with the fuse box I went the expensive route and bought one of these:

VW CAN-Bus Multimedia Interface for the Integration of Car Radios and Sat Navs for VW Golf - Passat - Touran - Jetta - Polo - Tiguan - Touareg - Sharan - Scirocco - T5 - Transporter https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01N7W5TEE/ ... 6DbK2SE8JY

It’s expensive, but you simply connect the harness to the existing wires, then hook the harness up to your pioneer and it will be good to go. Completely plug and play. I’m sure there are some cheaper iterations around but I liked that fact with this one I didn’t have to worry about any soldering or attaching at all.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Head of Sector 7
New
Drives: 2006 1.4TDI

Post by Head of Sector 7 »

Hi PugBrothers.

Firstly thanks.

Sounds like the kiddy I'm looking for I take it it gets around the issue of not having the acc position on your ignition?

Have you had any issues with it draining the battery. Also did you connect anything into the canbus adapter unit? I don't think I have anything in the back of the old RCD200.

Thanks again.
PugBrothers
Getting There!
Drives: Mk7 (9n3) 1.4Tdi Bluemotion 1

Post by PugBrothers »

I don’t think the acc position will be a problem - the way the can bus works is that once the key is pulled out it’ll switch off, but otherwise it’ll turn on fine!

You’ll find that the cable that attaches into the back of the RCD 200 can be unhooked from the back and attached to the harness. There’s also the aerial, which will fit into the fakra adapter. It’s really straightforward - you’ll see where all the bits slot in.

Another thing that might be good to know for your pioneer unit is grounding the handbrake wire into the black cable. Otherwise you get warnings pop up all the time. That’s dead easy to find online.

It’s worth getting some good removal keys for the existing VW radio and don’t bother using the cage that comes around the stereo. Getting it to fit is a proper pain and it’ll make it a nightmare if you ever attempt to put it back to how it was when you bought it.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk