Lockdown and the polo.

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Turbocod
New
Drives: 9n3 1.2

Lockdown and the polo.

Post by Turbocod »

Well, having time off work has allowed me to do some stuff on the cars.
The polo which is really my son's, but his driving lessons have stopped, has had a couple of bits sorted.
Both front wings were dented on it, I've managed to get one in the correct colour so that's been fitted, and sprayed the vents and centre dash to match the car. Foglight and daytime running lights fitted with new headlamp switch.
Something else that needed sorting was the gearstick stopped centring a few weeks ago, investigation showed the spring had snapped. Ebay showed prices of £16 for them, jeez! An online vw parts supplier were three pounds, but seven for postage.
The local Volkswagen dealer closed earlier this year, and so no use there. But VW had an online live chat system, so contacted them, explained dealer had shut, and miles to next one, difficult times and all that, did they do a delivery or postal option. Zero help at all, just said no, cant help, efficiently in 3 messages though.
Rang TPS, there is one about 5 miles away, but the counter is closed due to virus. Gave the lady on the phone the part number, explained again the difficulty getting to places,
Brilliant, 66pence for the spring and they would post it to me, for an extra pound.
Really pleased with that, thanks to TPS for their customer service and adaptation in this period.
Attachments
20200321_121644.jpg
20200321_140037.jpg
20200321_121605.jpg
20200401_154509.jpg
20200401_120445.jpg
20200401_110459.jpg
Turbocod
New

Re: Lockdown and the polo.

Post by Turbocod »

Other car that's been played with is the mini, its been in the garage since August, and for quite a while before that.
It's one of those where you always think 'that's it, sorted ' then something else crops up, or you have another idea.
Master cylinder replaced as was the cause of the mysterious brake fluid disappearance, slight weep through the body of it, then starter stuck on, so new one of them.
Wanted some more supportive seats, finding some narrow enough was the challenge, Sparco r100 fitted well, modified the subframes to bolt them in too. Steering wheel didn't match so got a sparco one, which then showed up a seized indicator stalk, replaced that yesterday along with oil pressure switch to tidy up the engine. Dashboard out and front speakers fitted.
Carbon fibre sheet arrived and was able to make ashtray blank and fit shift lights, just got to program them properly, running megajolt ignition so plug in laptop and alter output.
New arches fitted (fourth set that have been on car) and bonnet almost ready to fit after bonding mounting points in.
Next challenge is going to be finding an mot station that is open.
Bl##dy cars, never finished Haha
Attachments
20200327_172628.jpg
20200406_131236.jpg
20200327_172323.jpg
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Good news wrt TPS, that is very handy, I'm very reluctant to do any work on my cars in case I need "extra" bits, it would be good to think that VW Group is allowing TPS to sell to private individuals during this difficult period - but even better it would have good if it had been VW that referred you to TPS!
Turbocod
New

Post by Turbocod »

Tps where very helpful, which is great in this day and age.