Heater Control Panel Vent

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
tim98
New
Drives: 2007 Polo

Heater Control Panel Vent

Post by tim98 »

I am intending to do some work on my 2006 VW polo which has Climatic heating. The piece of trim which surrounds the dials has a grid of several holes to the right of the AC button and a similar one to the left of the air recirculation button. The one to the left just has indents while the one to the right has holes. When I removed this piece of trim, behind the right grid of holes is some electronics which form part of the heater control system. As part of what I am intending to do, I would cover this grid which would mean no air could get through. Would this be an issue? I know there are several sensors which form part of the heating system and I don't know if this is one of them?

To summarise, would there be an adverse effect of covering this grid of holes ?

Tim
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Re: Heater Control Panel Vent

Post by CNK »

Don't do this, these holes are there to let the Climatic unit know what the temperature is ;-)
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

CNK wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:17 am Don't do this, these holes are there to let the Climatic unit know what the temperature is ;-)
Didn't know that was where the temp sensor was for the climatic. Might explain why mine is a bit slow as it's full of dust :D .
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I guess you unintendedly solved another problem by creating a new :mrgreen:
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I'd be taking care when removing the dust as just vac'ng it could cause the very small fan to get rev'd well beyond its normal rpm, and that could do it damage.
Bepis
Silver Member
Drives: 2017 6C GTi Manual

Post by Bepis »

RUM4MO wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:03 pm I'd be taking care when removing the dust as just vac'ng it could cause the very small fan to get rev'd well beyond its normal rpm, and that could do it damage.
I might try a can of air duster in short bursts or maybe remove the panel and use a small brush to avoid damaging anything.