Lights on warning buzzer

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
TommyPolo
New
Drives: 2007 1.2

Lights on warning buzzer

Post by TommyPolo »

Hello, car is 2007 1.2.

The warning buzzer that sounds when you leave the lights on and then open the door appears to have stopped working. I ran the battery flat today😩

Any ideas would be great 👍🏼
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: Lights on warning buzzer

Post by CarbonChaos »

The micro switch for the interior light is an internal part of the door latch , sadly it’s a common issue on all vw’s.
Your only option is to replace the door latch on the offending door , check all doors work the interior light
TommyPolo
New

Post by TommyPolo »

Ahh, I wondered where the door switch was!

Is it possible this fault has sonthing to do with the passenger door? The passenger door doesn't work with the central locking, I have to unlock it with a key, I can't even open it from the inside, the only way it can be unlocked is with the key.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member

Post by CarbonChaos »

Can I take it your car is a 3 door not a 5 door ?
If yes then both door latches have a micro switch in to control the interior light operation which work independently from each other.
Sounds like your passengers side door also needs a new latch as I said these are common failure points on most vw models, if you can get the OEM part number for both door latches ( different for either side) then you can source these online from eBay etc at a fraction of the cost of genuine parts,I’ve just bought a drivers side item for £21 delivered with a 2 yr warranty.
TommyPolo
New

Post by TommyPolo »

Thanks for the reply.

Mine is a 5 door, is this a different situation to a 3 door?
CarbonChaos
Silver Member

Post by CarbonChaos »

No not really just more doors mean more latches to fail 😂😂,does the passenger side front door operate the interior light?
Also just check the rear doors also operate the interior light

It’s not too bad a job to replace but it does mean completely stripping the inside of a door to replace them.
TommyPolo
New

Post by TommyPolo »

Yes rear doors work fine, both front doors are intermittent but mainly don't work at all.

Can the microswitch be taken off the mechanism or is it buried inside the lock unit?

I wonder if I could source the microswitches from RS spares or Rapid electronics etc ?