Newbie with a new project

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
slugmaster100
New

Newbie with a new project

Post by slugmaster100 »

hey up guys!
I've purchased myself a set of speedline 13" wheels, and got a free polo coupe mk3 with it! It's a 1.3 4spd which is mechanically sound but is slightly tatty on the outside.
I've read somewhere (but can't find it again since!) that you can put a 1.4 (eng. code req'd) from a mk3 golf in it, with a GT head or camshaft in it (can't remember which), a GT ECU with a chip, and you should be on for 100bhp + good torque...... is this correct?
Should i also the 4 spd box for better acceleration?

My plan is to make a really fast accelerating polo... i'm not too fussed about silly top speeds!

Any idea's/tips for my project on a budget?

Cheers, Rich.
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

hey mate, What kind of budget are you talking? all this is going to be reasonably costly. it is possible, i remember a guy doing it a couple of years back, might be worth using the search to find the info.

Sorry i can't be of any more help! sounds like a good plan though! :wink:
oliver17491
New

Post by oliver17491 »

hi im putting a 1.4 from a mk4 polo into mine but im using the 1.4 head aswell. please not that the mani's are different but it doesnt bother me becasue i am making a mani so i can fit bike carbs. the engine will go on using the polo mk3 mounts but its best to put a 1.3 gt head and ignition on it as it makes it easyer basicly its a gt but a 1.4
metz

Post by metz »

The 1.4 block you require is the ABD out of the 1.4 golf/ibiza and probably a few more.

I doubt you will see anywher enear 100bhp from just that mod though although it will give you slightly more torque. personally i wouldn't bother, but if you want to give it a go then why not take some pics of your conversion and make a how to for others to enjoy.