how can i get more power ??

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
calmk3gt
New

how can i get more power ??

Post by calmk3gt »

right heres the deal, ive just got a mk3 polo gt lovely thing just had its mot and flew through it got conviced to have a service which consisted of plugs filters all that sort of stuff. Ive just got new tyres wheels springs just so it holds the road better and rolls nicer. Right the engine is totaly standard and the car does pull what could i do to give it more bite, ive been told to get an induction kit, exahust, air intake and also bike carbs but i wanna know what could i get and from where to make it shift more?

many thanks!

callum.
metz

Post by metz »

Personally i wouldnt bother with an induction kit, i have been there and tried many over the years and the best/loudest method (lets face it most young guys want noise) is a jetex response panel filter in the original airbox with most of the front removed off the lower part of the airbox (pics on request). that way air gets in when moving forward a lot better and your not getting heatsoak like with induction kits...oh and it makes a deep growl under acceleration while still being stealth under normal driving conditions.

Get a chip for the ecu, hardhitter on here does them (see his section)

dewedge the throttle body (do a search)

Buy a 4 branch manifold to get rid of the catalytic convertor.

After all that you may only have 80 - 85 bhp but the car will feel a lot more responsive.