New boy with a dilema!

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
gdellar1
New

New boy with a dilema!

Post by gdellar1 »

Hi folks, new to all of this so be gentle! :roll:

rite, here we go, i bought a 1.3 Polo Coupe last Sat, 1 prev owner with only 76k... i've drove 160 miles in it and the cylinder heads gone on it already! :x i've been hearing all these suggestions from my mates about taking it to get fixed at a garaged and then other mates telling me to just fit a new engine, i'm gettin a bit :shock: with it all tbh!

so what i wana know is how easy is it to fit a new engine into the Polo and (just hypothosising here) would it be possible (and relatively trouble-free) if i were to fit, for example a MK III Golf GTi engine to it instead or would i have to stick to the Polo engine??

Let me know with ur suggestions as it would be extremely helpful :)
jonboy
Getting There!

Post by jonboy »

stick to polo engines golf and ibiza gti engines wont fit without major work and very deep pockets.
consider using a polo 16v engine instead, much less hassle
gdellar1
New

Post by gdellar1 »

Cheers mate will defo consider it for the future, for the time being though i've managed to find someone who'll fix it for me for a reasonable price so i should be back on the rd in no time! :P
kano
New

Post by kano »

Or you could do a abd engine which is a mk3 1.4 golf engine this fits straight in or you can do the aee conversion too