Need Some Advise Please!

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
Marty87!
New

Need Some Advise Please!

Post by Marty87! »

Posting On BeHalf OF A Mate"
My mate has got a Polo 96 1.4 8v and wants to put a 1.6 16v polo mk3 gti engine in it. he has the engine, gearbox, drive shaft, ecu and front hub.
He wants to no, do you need to change the full engine lume or can it be section'd of?

And is there any other things that he would have to take into consideration when doing the conversion.

Do yous think it would be worth the time and effort to change this he got the engine cheap but he is worried will it cost a couple off quid in the long run "ovsly it will cost money but doesnt want to go into silly money", he does not have to pay for Labour as he a mechanic hes just not sure about the lume.
Torq-Al
Gold Member

Re: Need Some Advise Please!

Post by Torq-Al »

Marty87! wrote:Posting On BeHalf OF A Mate"
My mate has got a Polo 96 1.4 8v and wants to put a 1.6 16v polo mk3 gti engine in it. he has the engine, gearbox, drive shaft, ecu and front hub.
He wants to no, do you need to change the full engine lume or can it be section'd of?

And is there any other things that he would have to take into consideration when doing the conversion.

Do yous think it would be worth the time and effort to change this he got the engine cheap but he is worried will it cost a couple off quid in the long run "ovsly it will cost money but doesnt want to go into silly money", he does not have to pay for Labour as he a mechanic hes just not sure about the lume.
It has been done before by some on here, so someone will be able to guide you.

A 96 is a 6n, mk4 & I assume you want to put the 6n2 mk5 engine in.

Best is to post in the mk4 & gti forum too, get the maximum
response. :D

Oh, and welcome to the forum! :D
Marty87!
New

Post by Marty87! »

I think he said it was a mk3 gti engine, it came out out of the same shape as his 1.4 8v
JPR_polo_gti
Silver Member

Post by JPR_polo_gti »

no such thing as a mk3 gti...

there's a bit of confusion sometimes with regards to the mk
with some people considering the mk2 as a mk1 facelift and then the mk3 as the mk2 then the mk4 as the mk3 and the mk5 as the mk3 facelift.

but going by what you've said I'm sure Torq-Al is correct.