POLO BEATS. HELP

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
ronalds.liepa
New

POLO BEATS. HELP

Post by ronalds.liepa »

Hey guys I recently bought polo Beats 1.2 TSI 5dr 2017. 66 kW (90 hp)
and my right reverse bulb is not working I was gonna change it but not sure what's the right bulb I need for this model could anyone please help me out? and where can I buy one? any help would be much appreciated :)
Tex
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI DSG

Re: POLO BEATS. HELP

Post by Tex »

ronalds.liepa
New

Post by ronalds.liepa »

thanks sir but does it matter if its says indicator bulb? :D
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

If you’re in the UK, UK spec 6r and 6c Polos only have one reversing light from the factory on the nearside (left hand side light cluster) and one rear fog light on the offside (right hand side light cluster).

I don’t know if non UK cars have two reversing lights, but I dare say they’ll be equipped with one reversing light like UK cars, and if regulations require rear fog lights to be fitted, they’ll have one rear fog light.
ronalds.liepa
New

Post by ronalds.liepa »

SRGTD , could you maybe send me a link of the head bulb that I need ? thank you :)
ronalds.liepa
New

Post by ronalds.liepa »

SRGTD , could you maybe send me a link of the head bulb that I need ? thank you :)
ronalds.liepa
New

Post by ronalds.liepa »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:07 pm If you’re in the UK, UK spec 6r and 6c Polos only have one reversing light from the factory on the nearside (left hand side light cluster) and one rear fog light on the offside (right hand side light cluster).

I don’t know if non UK cars have two reversing lights, but I dare say they’ll be equipped with one reversing light like UK cars, and if regulations require rear fog lights to be fitted, they’ll have one rear fog light.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

ronalds.liepa wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:21 pm SRGTD , could you maybe send me a link of the head bulb that I need ? thank you :)
Sorry, I don’t have a link.

This YouTube video shows that left hand drive cars also have just one reversing light (go to 1 minute 14 seconds in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqpx9TcvLZ8

You’ve said your right hand reverse bulb isn’t working. If your car is a right hand drive car, it won’t have a reversing bulb in the rear right hand side light cluster - it will only have one in the rear left side light cluster. So if you have a working left side reversing bulb, everything’s working as it should.
ronalds.liepa
New

Post by ronalds.liepa »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:57 pm
ronalds.liepa wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:21 pm SRGTD , could you maybe send me a link of the head bulb that I need ? thank you :)
Sorry, I don’t have a link.

This YouTube video shows that left hand drive cars also have just one reversing light (go to 1 minute 14 seconds in the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqpx9TcvLZ8

You’ve said your right hand reverse bulb isn’t working. If your car is a right hand drive car, it won’t have a reversing bulb in the rear right hand side light cluster - it will only have one in the rear left side light cluster. So if you have a working left side reversing bulb, everything’s working as it should.
oh wow okay thanks a lot mate I could of never imagine it only has one light :D very strange but okay so what's the right had side bulb is for ?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

In UK cars (which are right hand drive), the right hand rear light cluster has a high intensity red fog light instead of a reversing light. The rear fog light should only be used in conditions where visibility is poor (for example, in thick fog).
ronalds.liepa
New

Post by ronalds.liepa »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:11 pm In UK cars (which are right hand drive), the right hand rear light cluster has a high intensity red fog light instead of a reversing light. The rear fog light should only be used in conditions where visibility is poor (for example, in thick fog).
thank you so much buddy :) I can sleep well now haha
Tex
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSI DSG

Post by Tex »

My car is from Spain, it also has one reverse light , because for EU you need the Fog light installed, countries like South Africa have 2 reverse I think because there isn't Fog there .