Polo 6r 2012 - left hand drive

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
RicardoSoares
New

Polo 6r 2012 - left hand drive

Post by RicardoSoares »

Hi,
Sorry for the english...
This morning, when i press break pedal yellow bulb appears in dashboard and dont have any of the three break lights. Só i turn off the car, turn on and the bulb disapears, if i dont break, the bulb dont appear, if press the break pedal appears again. Right now try again and bulb always on even if i turn off and turn on.
I change the bulbs from left and right break Light but same syntoms. Cant change third break Light.
Its possible to be break Light switch? Where it is located?
Thanks.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Polo 6r 2012 - left hand drive

Post by RUM4MO »

Your car possibly has a failed brake switch, it is mounted on the brake master cylinder and is a Hall effect device.

If that switch has not failed, your problem could be a wiring problem, for instance a bolt on one of the main front > rear body stiffeners, is too long and has pierced some wiring.

This failure has been reported on many Polo/Ibiza/Fabia motorist's forums but most people do not return to the forums and explain exactly what was done to fix it - sorry.

To be honest, if you are not too happy looking into this sort of problem, it might be cheaper to get a garage to sort it out.
amer6R
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Plugging it into diagnostics will tell you if its a fault brake switch or something else.
RicardoSoares
New

Post by RicardoSoares »

Thanks for the help.
The problem was a bad cable at trunk door hinge.
Best regards.