Interior lights on unlock

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Interior lights on unlock

Post by amer6R »

Hi,
I was reading about puddle lights ( on skoda forums / fabia retrofit) and he wired it to dome light - i assume to middle position lights on door open.
How did he illuminate the puddle light from that setting? I already have wires leading from the dome light but when I tested it Unlock it was off.
Is there something to code to enable this?

https://youtu.be/WYOL9Uo3R2Q
heftyshooly
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.4 TDI BMT

Re: Interior lights on unlock

Post by heftyshooly »

That wire from the dome lights is a switched ground. The puddle lights should light up correctly (together with the dome lights in the auto position) if connected to the middle wire and 12V from somewhere.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

I dont understand you, if he is pulling 12V from somewhere else why is his dome light lighting up on unlock?

The pics on the skodabriski forum are dead...
He doesnt have coming or leaving home like ciclo to pull 12V from it.
heftyshooly
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.4 TDI BMT

Post by heftyshooly »

That's because of the way the dome lights are wired. Here is a diagram from one ciclo's posts: viewtopic.php?t=57663&start=15

In order to light up the dome light, the BCM must guarantee that the light bulb "sees" both 12V and GND at its terminals. In this case, A23 is "permanent" 12V. That's one of the bulb's terminals. Therefore, the BCM controls the light by either connecting or disconnecting GND from the other terminal.

For the puddle light you must follow the same logic.