Opinions from owners

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Re: Opinions from owners

Post by Grey_Polo »

The only thing wrong with my Polo was the horn. Instead of the two-tone blast of the demonstrator, mine made a feeble attempt at impersonation Noddy's 'parp'.

The dealer agreed it was faulty and I book the car in and was given a replacement car for the day. After an hour they called to say they had to order a new horn. Thus a second appointment was made to fit the now one.

My pride as the owner of a two-tone horned Polo was short lived as I was devastated to see that windscreen washer fluid was suddenly now slowly dripping from under the offside front of the car and perfuming our garage. While replacing the horn, the water bottle had been damaged.

A return trip to the dealer and another appointment and another replacement car as the leaking bottle was dealt with. Under the bonnet it's only possible to see the filler cap or the water bottle and actually getting to the bottle means removing the front bumper and radiator grill.
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

Here's a little annoyance:

The lower parts of the front doors have a styling rib which sticks out further than the rest of the door. These already have the paint chipped off on both front doors after 5000Km/ 5 months. I have used a couple of rubber clip on protectors with reflectors in to stop further damage. This does not apply to the rear doors as the styling rib ends before the door does. See below...

kripstoe
New

Post by kripstoe »

Being from South Africa, I have the 105hp (77kw) TDI Polo. Driven about 7000km and love the car.
ShannonSide
New

Post by ShannonSide »

1.6 TDI 90 BHP with front arm rest, 5 doors with AC
in 10 weeks i've driven 11000 km / 6800 miles
75% driving at 90 km / 60 mph
feels like a Focus, very pleased with it
People think its a golf from the front
on a full tank ( 45 l / 9.5 g ) i got 950 km / 590 miles.
The audio speakers in the rear doors are popping
the only thing i don't like is the glove box door keeps
opening and have trouble getting it to stay closed.
Shannon, Co, Clare. Ireland.
ShannonSide
New

Post by ShannonSide »

F.A.O. "Grey-Polo" HIMSELF....
With regards to your posting Apr,05
The Indicator Stalk, three flashes you said ....fear not
Simply hold the stalk up or down and only release after you see the 2nd
flash there you go, no more 3rd flash.
all the best.
Grey_Polo
Bronze Member

Post by Grey_Polo »

ShannonSide wrote:F.A.O. "Grey-Polo" HIMSELF....
With regards to your posting Apr,05
The Indicator Stalk, three flashes you said ....fear not
Simply hold the stalk up or down and only release after you see the 2nd
flash there you go, no more 3rd flash.
all the best.
Thanks for that. It's not exactly what I want to do though!

Tapping the stalk lightly up or down starts the 3 flash sequence. Holding the stalk up or down without engaging the click will indeed allow you 2 flashes if you let go the stalk after the second flash. Let it go after the first flash and it does all 3.

As I pointed out if you tap the stalk up or down by accident, or having tapped it change your mind, I can't see anyway of stopping all 3 blinks...
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

Typical of VW thinking they know best. There are a lot of examples of this. Then they charge us to VAG-COM it and alter the setting.
PeterWestSussex
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI 110 SEL DSG in white, 2015

Post by PeterWestSussex »

Grey_Polo wrote: Wed May 26, 2010 12:11 pm As I pointed out if you tap the stalk up or down by accident, or having tapped it change your mind, I can't see anyway of stopping all 3 blinks...
That was written a few years ago and to this day I don't think this particular issue has been resolved. This function is now termed "Lane change indication" and as far as I can see the only way to 'cancel' it is to apply opposite signal just ONE blink/flash.
d-ash
Getting There!
Drives: 6C 2016 R-Line 1.2 90PS - Blue Silk

Post by d-ash »

Hi Peter

Looks like you've been busy trawling through history !!

That function can be switched off using the setup menu

Hoping you're happy with your 'new' Polo

Dave
PeterWestSussex
New
Drives: 1.2 TSI 110 SEL DSG in white, 2015

Post by PeterWestSussex »

Indeed! Delighted with it. A significant improvement over the up! (and I had top-of-the-range HIGH up! plus most extras). For example, window and mirror and door lock controls are NOT illuminated at night in the up! (and I believe this is STILL the case in the latest versions.)
But to be fair, POLO cost £23k OTR and up! was £13k OTR. This POLO was 2 yr old with 10k miles and cost me 55% of new OTR price - so 45% depreciation. I had heated seats fitted via dealer and would have had collision avoidance (Up! had optional City braking) had it been a new car. I wouldn't have bothered with Climate control (£380) as I like to adjust temps myself. Dealer told me I have a rare POLO as it has Panoramic glass opening roof (at £900 !)
Yes. lane avoidance can be switched off - but I'm used to it now (having first had it 10 years ago on company cars). But problem of catching indicator arm in error is unresolved!
Last edited by PeterWestSussex on Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Ah well, seeing as it is being discussed, "lane changing function" - I first came across that when my wife got a new Polo back in September 2002 and I thought that it was a great feature, my June 2000 Passat did not have that function, so I retro fitted it using the VW supplied kit of Audi A4 parts. At first I ended up finding that I was flashing left > cancel by flashing right etc etc, but after a few days I had it down to working as it is meant to, same with my 2011 Audi S4 and my wife's current August 2015 Polo 1.2TSI 110 5 door.

False boot floor:- well, in her previous Polo, my wife kept a folding crate, supposed to be for using to keep items of shopping together, though it ended up being kept in use holding lots of "handy" stuff and carrier bags in the boot, now with the 2015 Polo and its false boot floor, all these bits and pieces hide/fill the area under the false boot floor - so it can have a use after all.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

I like the lane change function but the only 'problem' I have with it is that it can't be adjusted to my preference of 4 blinks by any coding system unlike the Golf, Leon or Scirocco. Never hit it by accident.
The boot is a little on the small size but big enough foir what I want and the false floor does provide a level boot surface over the spare wheel and battery and like RUM4MO I keep bits a pieces under it like a spare reflective full jacket, gloves, tyre pump and engine oil (never had to use any of these so far).
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

joe6 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:29 am I like the lane change function but the only 'problem' I have with it is that it can't be adjusted to my preference of 4 blinks by any coding system unlike the Golf, Leon or Scirocco. Never hit it by accident.
It can adjusted in module 9, Adaption channals. Up to 5 blinks....
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

peter_dk25 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:24 pm
joe6 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:29 am I like the lane change function but the only 'problem' I have with it is that it can't be adjusted to my preference of 4 blinks by any coding system unlike the Golf, Leon or Scirocco. Never hit it by accident.
It can adjusted in module 9, Adaption channals. Up to 5 blinks....
As said above I have set it on the Golf and 2016 Leon and previous Scirocco but unfortunately I cannot get it to work on a 2016 GTI - only 3 max. :(
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »