6R Polo GTI hybrid WMI project

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Hurdy
Silver Member

Re: 6R Polo GTI stage 2 project

Post by Hurdy »

Off to mess about with VCDS settings today. That anti-hijack setting for the doors annoys me, so will be the first thing to get turned off! :evil:
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

Hurdy wrote:Off to mess about with VCDS settings today. That anti-hijack setting for the doors annoys me, so will be the first thing to get turned off! :evil:
cool some good thing you can do with it happy playing
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Yep, just been playing and......

Turned off the anti-hijack setting so all the doors and boot open/lock with one plip of the remote.
Enabled the unlock/lock beep confirmation, so the car now beeps twice to open and once to lock.
Turned off the annoying bonging sound for the seatbelt warning sensor (not checked it yet though)

Tried the needle sweep on start-up, but still doesn't work :(

This...
https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=ea4xAPqI6Sg
stuart.cameron
Bronze Member

6R Polo GTI stage 2 project

Post by stuart.cameron »

Anything else you found with VCDS? I couldn't find many things :(
vRSy
New

Post by vRSy »

Hurdy wrote:Yep, just been playing and......

Turned off the anti-hijack setting so all the doors and boot open/lock with one plip of the remote.
Enabled the unlock/lock beep confirmation, so the car now beeps twice to open and once to lock.
Turned off the annoying bonging sound for the seatbelt warning sensor (not checked it yet though)

Tried the needle sweep on start-up, but still doesn't work :(

This...
https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=ea4xAPqI6Sg
I activated the anti hijack as I think its good. The vRS has the needle sweep activated from std.

Do you have the oil temp gauge on your MFD? The cupras don't have that option at all, glad mine does otherwise id have never known about the high oil tempe
Tyler Owen
Getting There!

Post by Tyler Owen »

vRSy wrote: Do you have the oil temp gauge on your MFD? The cupras don't have that option at all, glad mine does otherwise id have never known about the high oil tempe
What are we considering to be high Oil temps .... I was regularly seeing over 100 on spirited drives, changed the oil at 6k myself and noticed that the temps only get above 100 now if im really trying for now on.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some cheap oil in there from the factory ....
vRSy
New

Post by vRSy »

On track I was getting 125-130° after 4 laps which is about the maximum you could go before losing viscisity thys lubrication.

I'm now using Motul 300V oil which is used in race applications and can sustain much higher temps than oem fluid
gavs
Silver Member

Post by gavs »

Wouldn't be surprised if there was some cheap oil in there from the factory ....
Not only the factory, seems the dealerships here also fill up with the same cheap crap. Many of us who have drained and flushed our oil systems and replaced with better quality oil are not experiencing oil consumption issues.

Hurdy, the needle sweep falls under "staging" under the extended options for "instruments", however, when the update to the MED 17.5 ECU occured, this feature is no longer available. Unless you feel like rewritting the long coding to try and get it working, but you will need to get into the ECU to try and make that happen....

Interesting about your lack of oil consumption, it's good to hear :)

Other things that can be changed:
Convenience indicator can be increased from 3 flashes
Use of the remote to open / close windows and sunroof if fitted

That's all I know of so far...
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Mobil 1 oil for me....protects instantly and the viscosity is higher which helps with both oil consumption and maintains protection at higher temps. 8)

Yeah, when I went into instruments module to change it the message just says error. :(

I've seen the other settings already and already have the remote opening/closing windows function active. The convenience indicator is set to 3, but I may well up that to five. 8)

I do have a 29 page PDF file for the new Ibiza that uses all the same settings and can change everything from voice control to cruise control. It is on my IPad, but if you want it I can find a link out for you in the afternoon (midnight here at the moment!).
vRSy
New

Post by vRSy »

John

Could you pm me that pdf please

Sy
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Post by bennyboy »

:wink: me 3 plz john .
i got the chance a while back and changed a couple of things i.e got rid of the kph .changed the wiper settings so i get the extra 1 wipe a few seconds after they finish, and i now have 5 flashes on my indicators not the normal 3 .
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

vRSy wrote:John

Could you pm me that pdf please

Sy
x2 please or email terrytt509@live.com

thanks a lot mate
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Here you go chaps. :D

http://ardana.homeip.net/vcds/Ibiza-6J- ... ons-EN.pdf

Remember, it is my linky, but not my info. I haven't tried half this stuff on the pdf, but the stuff I have tried does work. 8)
tt509
Gold Member

Post by tt509 »

Hurdy wrote:Here you go chaps. :D

http://ardana.homeip.net/vcds/Ibiza-6J- ... ons-EN.pdf

Remember, it is my linky, but not my info. I haven't tried half this stuff on the pdf, but the stuff I have tried does work. 8)
thanks will have a look in a bit
Hurdy
Silver Member

Post by Hurdy »

Looks like i'll be pulling the trigger on a new upgrade hybrid turbo now too 8)