Sound actuator on 6R GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
bennyboy
Bronze Member
Drives: old 6r GTI , now 6c GTI

Re: Sound actuator on 6R GTI

Post by bennyboy »

a mate of mine has been able to wire up a on/off switch into my glove box so i now can turn it off on the motorway so no drone but on while im on the twisty bits . works perfect with no faults showing :D
mashmarriner
Gold Member

Post by mashmarriner »

see you don't get any of these problem,s with a 1.2 ;) hehe

yas bought the wrong model lads :P
daydotz
Silver Member

Sound actuator on 6R GTI

Post by daydotz »

Or stick at 70 ;)
mozzapologti
Getting There!

Post by mozzapologti »

i like the sound of mine i do have a milteck fitted though on long journeys just turn the music up cant hear a thing lol
shabz6r
New
Drives: POLO GTI 6R

Post by shabz6r »

Hi, sorry for jumping on this thread after so long, i'm a newbie.
Can anyone show me how to disconnect the sound actuator on a 6r GTI?
Davenn
New
Drives: gti 6R

Post by Davenn »

darrenpolo wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:23 pm Hi guys don't know if you already knew or not but there is a sound actuator on the 6R GTI. The purpose of this is to make the engine sound sporty (almost V6 like) when in reality its only a 1.4! Basically its like a speaker so im told..

I took mine off today after reading about it on a NL forum, it sort of reminds me of them fake dump valves you get. Trust VW..

Now my car is sounding alot more quiet but I personally prefer this on longer journeys (especially motorways) so your ears dont get that constant throaty noise.

Some people like it, some don't,

If you want to disconnect it, its under the bonnet on the right hand side beneath a plastic speaker looking case. Heres a link to the NL page, may help if you get a translator, (also note the car is left hand drive in the pic so on a right hand drive gti its on the right side) http://mypolo.nl/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1972

Darren

Hi Darren,. I'm on the right hand aide. I had a go at disconnecting, it fixed the issue I was having which was a vibration buzzing sound. However I noticed it also disabled the wipers. So is there another plug need to disconnect?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Davenn wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:08 pm
darrenpolo wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:23 pm Hi guys don't know if you already knew or not but there is a sound actuator on the 6R GTI. The purpose of this is to make the engine sound sporty (almost V6 like) when in reality its only a 1.4! Basically its like a speaker so im told..

I took mine off today after reading about it on a NL forum, it sort of reminds me of them fake dump valves you get. Trust VW..

Now my car is sounding alot more quiet but I personally prefer this on longer journeys (especially motorways) so your ears dont get that constant throaty noise.

Some people like it, some don't,

If you want to disconnect it, its under the bonnet on the right hand side beneath a plastic speaker looking case. Heres a link to the NL page, may help if you get a translator, (also note the car is left hand drive in the pic so on a right hand drive gti its on the right side) http://mypolo.nl/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1972

Darren

Hi Darren,. I'm on the right hand aide. I had a go at disconnecting, it fixed the issue I was having which was a vibration buzzing sound. However I noticed it also disabled the wipers. So is there another plug need to disconnect?
Sorry, can’t answer your question, but I don’t think you’ll get a reply from @darrenpolo as they haven’t been active on the forum since November 2012.