Polo Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nry
Bronze Member
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:07 am
Location: Carlisle, Cumbria
Contact:

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by nry »

This week I've edged 60mpg daily on the run home, it must be uphill more on the way to work as it generally manages 55-56mpg at the end of the run.

50mph or so seems to be the sweet spot, as it drops a bit towards 50mpg at 60mph and much above 70mph drinks petrol much faster. Even so, the past fortnight has predicted 500+ miles out of a full tank which is great! All on standard Shell fuel, no V-Power etc.
User avatar
wigit
Bronze Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by wigit »

our Blue GT has just hit 26,000 miles in 18 months, at the moment my wife is using it as her GTI has been sold and her 7R looks like it won't turn up to January and i am using my dsg 7R

still love this car and consumption is getting stronger, the manual box is a real peach, only downside is i have become a bit of a dsg convert or others would say lazy

do love to drive the thing as around town so much more nimble, has a real work horse feel and still looks great, in reality i can only seeing it get replaced when the new platform polo comes out

the blue silk still looks stunning
lancslad1985
Silver Member
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:59 am
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus
Location: Preston, UK

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by lancslad1985 »

wigit wrote:our Blue GT has just hit 26,000 miles in 18 months, at the moment my wife is using it as her GTI has been sold and her 7R looks like it won't turn up to January and i am using my dsg 7R

still love this car and consumption is getting stronger, the manual box is a real peach, only downside is i have become a bit of a dsg convert or others would say lazy

do love to drive the thing as around town so much more nimble, has a real work horse feel and still looks great, in reality i can only seeing it get replaced when the new platform polo comes out

the blue silk still looks stunning
I had the pleasure of driving the new one with a dsg last week and wow. So quiet, comfortable, surprisingly economical and fun, particularly when a 2.0 tdi A3 driver thinks he'll blast past your little polo at the lights then finds you've left him.......

Sadly I'm being made to wait until we've moved house before changing car (damn) so have a little time to ponder over the Blue Gt and the Scirocco. It's going to be tough!
pzboyz
New
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:19 pm
Drives: '13 BlueGT, '10 Scirocco

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by pzboyz »

nry wrote:s it drops a bit towards 50mpg at 60mph and much above 70mph drinks petrol much faster ...
Still early days for me, but I was doing nearer 80mph on a relatively flat section of the M4 for about 20 miles and still getting +50MPG.

I find to get the engine to get into 2-cylinder mode, you have to accelerate a little past the speed you want to cruise at, and then let the speed drop down to the cruising speed, that act of easing off the gas a little gets it to go into 2-cylinder mode and then you can get good MPG at high speeds.
User avatar
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Posts: 1402
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:43 pm
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

It's not a magic wand shaped as a car... If you drive like you allways have you won't get the most economy out of the car...

You have to use all the right fuel saving techniques to get the high MPG's Funny how nobody thinks of this...
User avatar
wigit
Bronze Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:13 pm

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by wigit »

lancslad1985 wrote: I had the pleasure of driving the new one with a dsg last week and wow. So quiet, comfortable, surprisingly economical and fun, particularly when a 2.0 tdi A3 driver thinks he'll blast past your little polo at the lights then finds you've left him.......

Sadly I'm being made to wait until we've moved house before changing car (damn) so have a little time to ponder over the Blue Gt and the Scirocco. It's going to be tough!
I do not think you can compare the Polo to Scirocco, i had a Scirocco for 3.5 years and never really blew me away, my MK6 GTI that replaced it was a far nicer and more reliable car.
aniseedvan
Getting There!
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:27 am
Location: Northants

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by aniseedvan »

Finally got mine back last Friday after it being off the road for a month...

On one of my trips to Gloucester I noticed the ACT not kicking in, then the start stop didn't work in traffic (no crossed through A symbol as you'd expect). Turned engine on and off and it said start stop error. Anyway, left it whilst I was in meetings, came back and it was fine, and was fine up to the point I took it in for them to plug the laptop in... Then I nearly fell off my chair when they said it needed a new camshaft, valves, flipping engine rebuild! The car was 11 months old at that point, and has averaged 45mpg over those 11 months (every fill up has been logged in an app), with most at least over the last 4 months being steady motorway miles, i.e. it's not thrashed..

Apparently the parts in question have been upgraded, which I'm hoping is my assurance to not be in there again in a years time with the same fault. I would have had it back sooner, but the camshaft timing mechanism had collapsed during the rebuild, only picked up by me when I came to collect it and turned the engine over. Sounded like I had my old 207Gti all over again. We've done 60 odd miles in it since collecting it and fingers crossed it's OK now...

The plan was to keep this car for 5-7 years, this experience has left me wondering whether it'll go back after 3 now :(

I had one of the golf GT diesels for the month. Missed the handling of mine but loved the adaptive cruise control, especially as I drive a lot on motorways with variable speed limits.
CiblueGT
New
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 pm
Drives: Polo BlueGT
Location: Jersey

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by CiblueGT »

Hello all

Ive been lurking on this forum for the last week or so, Ive been deciding on a new car and its been between the Blue GT, a Seat FR Ibiza and a Renault GTline Clio.

I took the Blue GT for a test drive last week and loved it, This morning I took out the Renault Clio and its quite possibly the worst car I have ever driven. The Seat FRIbiza was a very nice drive (I think it shares the same engine as the Blue GT) But it looks like I will be making an offer on the Blue GT tomorrow and trading in my beloved Abarth 500.

Its been really helpfull reading everything here and hopefully if my offer is accepted then I will be hanging around a bit more.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
TheFrog
Silver Member
Posts: 428
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:52 am
Drives: 2015 Blue GT
Location: France (UK expat)

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

CiblueGT wrote:Hello all

Ive been lurking on this forum for the last week or so, Ive been deciding on a new car and its been between the Blue GT, a Seat FR Ibiza and a Renault GTline Clio.

I took the Blue GT for a test drive last week and loved it, This morning I took out the Renault Clio and its quite possibly the worst car I have ever driven. The Seat FRIbiza was a very nice drive (I think it shares the same engine as the Blue GT) But it looks like I will be making an offer on the Blue GT tomorrow and trading in my beloved Abarth 500.

Its been really helpfull reading everything here and hopefully if my offer is accepted then I will be hanging around a bit more.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
Go for it - I've had my Blue GT for just over a month and I can say in all honesty that it's one of the best cars I have ever owned, and I have had 30+
CiblueGT
New
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:05 pm
Drives: Polo BlueGT
Location: Jersey

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by CiblueGT »

TheFrog wrote:
CiblueGT wrote:Hello all

Ive been lurking on this forum for the last week or so, Ive been deciding on a new car and its been between the Blue GT, a Seat FR Ibiza and a Renault GTline Clio.

I took the Blue GT for a test drive last week and loved it, This morning I took out the Renault Clio and its quite possibly the worst car I have ever driven. The Seat FRIbiza was a very nice drive (I think it shares the same engine as the Blue GT) But it looks like I will be making an offer on the Blue GT tomorrow and trading in my beloved Abarth 500.

Its been really helpfull reading everything here and hopefully if my offer is accepted then I will be hanging around a bit more.

Thanks. :mrgreen:
Go for it - I've had my Blue GT for just over a month and I can say in all honesty that it's one of the best cars I have ever owned, and I have had 30+
Thanks Thefrog. Offer went in today, let's hope it's accepted.
HPJ
New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 am
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by HPJ »

Hello everybody, I have had my Blue GT for a couple of weeks now. Bought it when it was 3 months old with 2000 miles on the clock from a dealer. So far has run perfectly. Anyway I was wondering what tyre pressures you run your cars on as the pressures suggested by VW seem very high to me, none of my other cars have been so high. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

HPJ
lxm
Bronze Member
Posts: 137
Joined: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:21 pm

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by lxm »

Some really really impressive real-world MPG!
HPJ
New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 am
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by HPJ »

lxm wrote:Some really really impressive real-world MPG!
Yes, I do about 350 miles a week and am averaging 50 mpg without trying.

HPJ
mogwai
New
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:12 pm
Drives: 2015 Polo Blue Gt

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by mogwai »

I ordered my Blue GT a week ago and should have in about 12 to 13 weeks.

The spec:

3dr Manual
Blue Silk
Xenons
Tinted Windows
Anthracite Alloys.


I have been looking through this thread and seen that VW seem to fit this separate bluetooth solution rather than it being fully integrated into the stereo. For those of you that have recieved their Blue GT's in the past few weeks is this still the case or is it better integrated now?
HPJ
New
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:57 am
Drives: Polo BlueGT

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by HPJ »

mogwai wrote:I ordered my Blue GT a week ago and should have in about 12 to 13 weeks.

The spec:

3dr Manual
Blue Silk
Xenons
Tinted Windows
Anthracite Alloys.


I have been looking through this thread and seen that VW seem to fit this separate bluetooth solution rather than it being fully integrated into the stereo. For those of you that have recieved their Blue GT's in the past few weeks is this still the case or is it better integrated now?
I would say that that Bluetooth is fully integrated with the stereo both for media and for calls. My iPhone works seamlessly, it also works perfectly with a USB connection.
HPJ
Post Reply