Polo Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nry
Bronze Member

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by nry »

It has happened again! Set on Silk Blue and standard seats...now that video makes me want the white one with the alcantara seats :) Not much in the price either way...
Paulalfc78
New
Drives: POLO BLUE GT 2014

Re: Polo Blue GT - Audio through car speakers?

Post by Paulalfc78 »

Hi All

I was hoping someone could tell me whether or not it is possible to play your audio through bluetooth on your phone using the car speakers and not the phone itself with the Bury system?. I think someone asked this question earlier in the form but i don't know whether anyone answered it or not?. Had my Blue GT for 2 weeks now and just love the car!. :D.
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

It is but IIRC it was poor quality or mono sound. Someone in another thread went to the trouble of sourcing the correct cable that is required but for the price and hassle I think it's probably not worth it.

I purchased a 32Gb memory stick and stuck all my MP3s on that. Seems to be the best option.
kezm
New

Post by kezm »

Well, after much debating I decided against getting a Blue GT. As nice as they are, they are just too expensive for me (as are A1s). In the end I went for a 3 year old Mini Cooper D and love it! So much nicer to drive than than my 2007 1.4 Polo S and much better performance. A very well made little car. Bye bye VW!
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Good luck with your purchase and I hope you enjoy it. Having tested one myself I found the mini was not for me.
I'll get in touch next time I move house though to see if you can get me a good deal. :mrgreen:
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Hey Wigit

Saw you again Tuesday can't believe I spotted you, this time on A34. Obviously the place to spot BlueGTs.

andy
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

AndyGTi wrote:Hey Wigit

Saw you again Tuesday can't believe I spotted you, this time on A34. Obviously the place to spot BlueGTs.

andy
i did spot you but the traffic meant i never got to catch up, i spotted a blue silk more door tonight heading south on A34 which got off at the A420 but i was in the 7R :lol:
Paulalfc78
New
Drives: POLO BLUE GT 2014

Re: Polo Blue GT - fuel consumption

Post by Paulalfc78 »

Hi

I have had my Blue GT about a month or so now and first filled the car up using normal unleaded petrol but i was not getting more than 45 mile to the gallon. This mirning i filled the car up again but this time used super unleaded and already i am seeing over 60 mpg. I just wondered if the car needs to run on this all the time now to achieve the best mpg. My daily driving is just around town to get to work and back but did go to Stoke in it over the weekend (100 mile round trip) and could still only get 47-48 mpg on a dual carriage way driving at 70mph with cruise control.

Has anybody else noticed the difference by using super unleaded instead of just normal?. I would be interetsed to here your thoughts on this.

Thanks.
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

it does say on the filler cap to use super unleaded the engine has been design to run off of super i do believe
Brad
New

Post by Brad »

gt_lock wrote:
NickW wrote:Hi folks, I'm about to buy a new blue GT but just having second thoughts given the price. Is everyone still happy with there cars? I would like some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. Currently drive Mk 5 Golf GTi with DSG, now looking for smaller more economical car. Your thoughts would be appreciated..

NickW,

I have the Polo blue GT in DSG. I have driven the manual version too. Whilst i prefer the DSG for its comfort and performance I have been having issues with it.

The DSG in D mode - certain gear changes are clunky and jolt the car forward. This bugs the hell out of me it happens on average twice in every 10-15 min drive. ( i have driven the golf Mk 6 and 7 GTI DSG and it is poles apart, of course it is!)
The 2 cylinder mode -there is a fault with mine. Became just how apparent when I drove another manual version which was super quiet. I have had mine looked at and while no fault came back from diagnostics by VW it still happens at the most random times. To the point when people in the car are asking what is that noise? Its an unpleasant noise that sounds like the whole engine is rattling. The instance it goes from 2 cylinder back to 4 it comes to a noisy end and then it is fine. It rattles when under light throttle in 2 cylinder mode. I also notice the mpg drops when it is rattling like crazy. Its done it today and doing my head in so back to VW. Its so annoying as some days it is absolutely fine, in the exact same driving conditions.

So if you have gone for it i hope you don't get a dud like mine!i am not getting the performance, or economy that i expected.So not a keeper for me. Next time i will go for a golf! with no ACT! :wink:
i will push for this error to be fixed, it has been speculated that it may be a combo of the DSG and 2 cylinder mode in conjunction together going wrong somewhere.
also not just polos affected as found this :
http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/rumble-a ... tml?page=1&

best of luck!
I have the GT with DSG on a July 2013 plate and exactly the same issues you raise. Indeed took it to main dealers few weeks back and they replaced the gearbox!! There has been an improvement, but there must be an issue with the DSG ACT combo because I'm still getting the noise at low revs and gear change remains clunky and erratic. Also the front suspension appears to have no travel as ground regularly when driving over relatively modest potholes.
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

Hi Brad,

What do you have a 3 door or 5 door?

I have had so many issues with my blue GT that i was ready to leave VW, the quality of the build was so poor. The rusting ball joints on the suspension steering arm was the final straw, not fitted properly from factory i was told. This caused the steering to 'grind' when turning to the right and going over bumps on the road. since you mentioned your suspension I thought i should mention this. I cannot go through everything as the list is too long. Anyway, I got in touch with VW UK (through twitter) and months down the line are still talking with them to get this resolved. I have to say though they have come through for me and the dealership are now doing all they can to rectify the issues.

At the mo I have a 5 door 2014 DSG (150) spec on test drive for a while. Thus far i can say there are no noises from the engine during and just after ACT,just the normal very quiet flutter. Not the clunky rattle when coming out of 2 cylinder mode and the 'old movie camera noise' when cruising under a light throttle when 2 cylinder mode is active,as what i am getting with my 2013 june blue GT DSG(140). Infact, everything in the 2014 spec (quality and engine) is improved massively. The ACT doesn't kick in as low on the RPM on this model ( it is at its worst at 1200 on mine - i think this is a key point). They have replaced the engine and some mods to the DSG box on the 2014 spec. It is a much better engine i can not tell you. However only issue with 2014 spec is the steering, it is way too light so needs to be tighten, the only thing my 2013 spec beats. Also the DSG is very smooth and not nearly as laggy or jolty..esp when using the paddles, it is just better tuned all round.

I am happy to help you out further if you need. I will be testing the 2014 spec for a while longer. I believe the 3 doors and 5 doors are made in different plants, so if yours is a 3 door then we may have many of the same issues. Shame because i prefer the looks of the 3 door!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

If your list is made up of so small tiny things like rusty bolts (which are not in any way rustprotected) I don't think I would like to see it...
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

and thats what you got from that eh?

stupid and ignorant remark to make.

This is about helping Brad out
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

I would like to remind all owners Polo 6R BlueGT with light sensor that can install automatic lights. OEM.
Coming soon will finalize the sale of complete kits for automatic lights that I have posted here:
http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 09#p478298
This is the installation process:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2nv91Y ... edit?pli=1

I apologize for the intrusion into matters that you were commenting.
I apologize if some forum user is annoyed with my recommendation.

Thank you very much for reading this post. :wink:
Garfy
Bronze Member

Re: Polo Blue GT - fuel consumption

Post by Garfy »

Paulalfc78 wrote:Hi

I have had my Blue GT about a month or so now and first filled the car up using normal unleaded petrol but i was not getting more than 45 mile to the gallon. This mirning i filled the car up again but this time used super unleaded and already i am seeing over 60 mpg. I just wondered if the car needs to run on this all the time now to achieve the best mpg. My daily driving is just around town to get to work and back but did go to Stoke in it over the weekend (100 mile round trip) and could still only get 47-48 mpg on a dual carriage way driving at 70mph with cruise control.

Has anybody else noticed the difference by using super unleaded instead of just normal?. I would be interetsed to here your thoughts on this.

Thanks.
It must be me, but I ran four or five tanks of super and could tell very little difference