Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

Yes it would fit

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Mounta
New

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by Mounta »

joelburbidge wrote:I've had my bluegt remapped to 168bhp and I've seen an increase 7mpg now I'm now averaging 52.7mpg (mainly city driving)
When you refer to ''city driving'', can you specify your average speed for example, or the traffic? The consumption you say, here in Athens seems like a dream. Because, in traffic, we are driving with average speed 30km/h and we are in a start/stop state every morning on the way to our work. I don't think that anything over 40 mpg is achievable under these conditions.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

joelburbidge wrote:Well I've actually had a module but it does the same the thing as a remap just means that I can remove it myself if I wished and jf automotive Image

Does the ACT still kick in with the module in place?
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

I average about 27mph in Nottingham which is apparently the 5th most congested city in the UK

ACT still kicks in with the module in place

Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Is it possible to just buy the module and plugg it in to the car or does it need to be coded to the specific car???
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

The module is custom for the car it also adaptes as you drive, but I believe the software they use is http://www.viezu.com so any viezu dealer should be able to do the same

Cameo
New

Polo Blue GT

Post by Cameo »

Hi. New to this site, so apologies if I don't post this question correctly.
I am thinking of buying a Blue GT but have a couple of questions about it. I hope someone can help.

1. I like the arm rest in my current car and am thinking of getting it in the Blue GT as an option. Can it be raised out of the way or is it fixed? Does it obstruct anything?

2. The phone connectivity seems a bit primitive with the controls sitting up on the dashboard. Would you agree? It's a shame this can't be built into the dashboard.

3. How good is the RNS 315 Sat Nav?
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

1. The armrest can moved up and down it gets in the way of the handbrake and gear changes but you get use to it

2. Are you buying new?

Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I have instead of the optional phone connection from the dealer had an RNS 510 fitted with an oroginal bluetooth Plus module for handsfree and music streaming from my phone.

Can also be done with the RNS 315 if you don't get one with build in bluetooth. which is also a very good head unit. A bit faster in the menu's than the 510. But not as cool IMO. :)
Little Jonny
Getting There!

Post by Little Jonny »

Is there any way to make the Bury kit play audio from the phone through the speaker system. It comes from the Bluetooth speakers which are just awful. I spoke to some one in my local Vw garage and he didn't have a clue

nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

The new 2014 Polo is supposed to be available to order in April, the audio and Bluetooth is one of a few changed areas and it should be way nicer by default than the current Polo setup. The BlueGT also gains a further 10bhp, hitting just under 150bhp.
Cameo
New

Post by Cameo »

Thanks for your replies - I think I will wait to see the new range and prices in April. Does anyone know if the whole range will be available from the outset?
kezm
New

Post by kezm »

I'm jealous of everyone ordering a new Blue Gt. I would love one but they are very expensive. I had my heart set on A1 but decided it's definitely too dear, as nice as it is. But im beginning to think the Polo isnt far off. Just wondered how are you all affording a new Gt if you don't mind me asking? Are you leasing it? Bank loan?
joelburbidge
Bronze Member

Post by joelburbidge »

Vw solutions

nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

We set up a spreadsheet to work out what we spend on my current car and what a new one would cost...stuck a few options in, including a second hand car for £10,000.

By the time I account for fuel, estimated MPG for new car, and car tax, insurance, service cost changes etc. it isn't that much more to change my car than keep it - given mine is now on 207,000 miles from almost 12 years of ownership since new, any car we buy now will quite possibly do a similar length of time although the mileage will not be as high since my job changed 4 years ago and I cover around 10k per annum now instead of 26k.

We have a small amount for a deposit then using Volkswagen PCP we get the choice in 3 years to return the car, trade it in with guaranteed value or keep it and settle the remaining funds.

The likes of OrangeWheels and DriveTheDeal websites also offer the chance to save, usually, much more than many dealers offer direct!