Polo Blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
AAddict
Getting There!

Re: Polo Blue GT

Post by AAddict »

wigit wrote:ordered a blue more door Blue GT with the anthracite wheels today and a few options including xenons as my new daily driver (replacing my 500TA)

really liked this last year when i sat in one at the VW Boutique in Berlin and a bit more frugal than my Edition 35

rare cars so mines a factory order which should be here around the beginning of May

drove a R-Line a week ago and absolutely loved it
Great news, looking forward to hearing how you like it when it arrives.
jackofspeed
New

Post by jackofspeed »

I've also got a Blue GT on order.
It's a 5-door as well, but with DSG, and in the blue metallic that is supposedly exclusive to the Blue GT.
Order was placed in late November, so hopefully will be one of the first customer cars in the UK, but the delivery date is quoted as the end of March at present.
I've ordered it without ever seeing one, let alone driving one, and it's a three year lease, so here's hoping it's OK!
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

jackofspeed wrote:I've also got a Blue GT on order.
It's a 5-door as well, but with DSG, and in the blue metallic that is supposedly exclusive to the Blue GT.
Order was placed in late November, so hopefully will be one of the first customer cars in the UK, but the delivery date is quoted as the end of March at present.
I've ordered it without ever seeing one, let alone driving one, and it's a three year lease, so here's hoping it's OK!
well that will be two in the same colour at least, the blue was stunning in the flesh and i liked the way the 1.2 r-line drove so looking forward to it

my dealer is quoting end of April but we'll see
daydotz
Silver Member

Post by daydotz »

Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I just read it... And can't quite figure out if it's a good or bad review... Probably a little of both I guess.

Good if you want a resonably quick but still economic little hatchback

Bad if you want the full blown GTI/hot hatch experience.

I curently have a 2001 6N2 GTI with 125 bhp. And on paper the BlueGT is quicker. So I still look forward to try it when it comes on sale here in Denmark at the end of the month. :)

Expecially getting trying out the ACT. :)
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

sums up why i want one, if got the 35 for hot hatch stuff
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Hi guys.
Good to hear a few others have ordered a BlueGT. I having a test drive week after next and very excited. But also, just seen that next week's Autocar (out on 13 Feb) has a full roadtest of BlueGT.
Definitely going straight to newsagent on wed morning for a copy.
POLOS
Bronze Member

Post by POLOS »

wigit wrote:ordered a blue more door Blue GT with the anthracite wheels today and a few options including xenons as my new daily driver (replacing my 500TA)

really liked this last year when i sat in one at the VW Boutique in Berlin and a bit more frugal than my Edition 35

rare cars so mines a factory order which should be here around the beginning of May

drove a R-Line a week ago and absolutely loved it
How did you find the Edition 35? Considering purchasing one, cheap to finance due to their high residual values
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

i love the Ed35 but too thirsty as a daily, my wife has a mk5 Pirelli which i always liked more than my scirocco

it only stayed standard for 1,000 miles now running Revo 2, suspension, arbs, engine mounts and zorst changed, intake and brakes next

AAddict
Getting There!

Post by AAddict »

Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

Not a bad review at all.

He wishes for more feel through the steeringwheel. Other than that he seems to really like the car. :)
jackofspeed
New

Post by jackofspeed »

My BlueGT is being delivered on March 1st, on a 13-plate. I'll keep you posted!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

jackofspeed wrote:My BlueGT is being delivered on March 1st, on a 13-plate. I'll keep you posted!
Sweet :)

Can't wait till it's launched here in Denmark within the next month... Pretty sure I'll end up buying one. :P
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

jackofspeed wrote:My BlueGT is being delivered on March 1st, on a 13-plate. I'll keep you posted!
dealer has quoted me build week 15 so you are going to be holding the fort
jimbo_tdi
Bronze Member

Post by jimbo_tdi »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:
Not a bad review at all.

He wishes for more feel through the steeringwheel. Other than that he seems to really like the car. :)
You can change the weight of the steering on VAGCOM which I assume would change that.