ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Post by iichel »

PS, does anyone else have some issues with coding the RLS with the latest VCDS 17.8.1?
i'm changing from 0714DD to 0314DD but i keep having 'error 31'. Cycled the ignition a few times already.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Nirline6R wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:20 pm Thanks!

The company I bought it from told me to swtch the cables. They said that fitting the old wheel's cable into the new one would fix the problem. I am a bit afraid doing that as I fear for the airbag deploying after the cables are switched.

What do you think?
Please provide all the information you have about the steering wheel you bought.
- Reference numbers (SW, airbag wiring), purchase links, images, etc ...anything that helps us to help you...

We do not know what you have bought.
Nirline6R
New
Drives: 6R R LINE

Post by Nirline6R »

Hello!

Fresh info: I tried refiting my old wheel to test the horn. It doesn't work even with the old wheel. What can be wrong? I highly suspect a fuse... Can someone tell me which fuse is responsible for the horn? Or the multifuctional steering wheel? The seller messaged me saying its the wire's fault so they are sending in a new wire to fit.

This is the wheel: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-VW-VOLKSWA ... SwOMdZPoqE
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

1- If your original/current steering wheel has tiptronic paddles why you buy a steering wheel without them. :shock:
2- You have purchased a Golf VII steering wheel ... the airbag wiring is not compatible for your 6C.

In this picture you can see* that the Horn (H) is fed in a different way and with different terminals/pins on the wiring.

You need an airbag wiring for the Sport 6C steering wheel, but even with it, it may not work properly due to the electronic unit ... the Golf steering wheel is fed with +30 and the 6C with +15, maybe the electronic unit isn't happy because of this.
Nirline6R
New

Post by Nirline6R »

Thanks again for the useful info!

My car is a manual, I never had paddles :P

I see what you mean... So there is no possibility that this setup will work? Every button on the wheel (volume, multimedia etc) works perfectly except the horn. How can this be if the wiring for the golf and the polo wheels are different?

What would you suggest doing? returning the wheel, or getting a new airbag wiring (or whole airbag)?

If I can get my hands on a 5G0880201J airbag cable only (which is compatible with the 6c) and swap that cable into my current airbag, will everything work fine?
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&p=527211#p527212

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&p=527211#p527221 ---> you said: Not my car but that's the exact wheel. :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol:

There are multiple VW steering wheels that look the same but aren't, same thing happen with airbag wiring... the steering wheel backlight you bought is white ... instead of red ...

Golf VII steering wheel also works in the 6R (without any problem), but there is no way to get a correct reading when doing the autoscan ... which means that it is not a correct part ....
Maybe installed on 6C (MQB electronics) works OK... with the correct wiring (e.g 1K8971584). With your original airbag wiring the horn should work if the steering wheel unit is properly coded. I don't know if your original airbag wiring is physically compatible with the new airbag (I mean the clips/tabs, the connectors are OK). Try installing it.

==========================================================
During all these years the problems with which people appear here are always the same...compatibility of parts, due to buying cheap and used parts (not your case), or buy without knowledge.
I love the risk...and People. :lol:
Nirline6R
New

Post by Nirline6R »

Hahaha I never saw the picture had paddles!

The wheels I bought has red backlight btw. (I know that the ones with white backlight won't work)

My old wheel's wire seems exactly that same, only thing is it has one more horn connection. (New one has 2 points of contact for the horn, old one has 3 points of contact for the horn.) I'll try fitting it and just leaving the extra point unhooked. I'll update you.
Nirline6R
New

Post by Nirline6R »

Okay, big update.

Ciclo was right the harness for the new wheel was different. I retrofitted my old wheel's harness into the new one and everything works! The buttons illuminate, horn works, multimedia works.

Thanks again for the help.

One last question. Is there any fear for the airbag deploying randomnly or not deploying in case of an accident due to the harnesses being swapped? I haven't got an airbag error so far.
iichel

Post by iichel »

The airbag system is very good in self-diagnosis. if it measures a resistance too high or too low in the airbag igniter, it will throw an error code.
No error code = good.
iichel

Post by iichel »

7E0 937 090B = works OK with kessy.
I bought it over Allegro.pl from a very friendly seller. He told me it was compatible with LED headlights, unfortunately this was not the case.
It was not possible to determine the PR code, so I trusted him but maybe he thought that any T6 can have LED headlight so this would work.
Oh well, I do not blame him. Better luck next time.

So the TPMS direct will stay a dream for me for a little longer. Sensors are installed in my winter wheels though. Patience... :lol:
firegrafik
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R 1,6MPI(CFNA) sedan

Post by firegrafik »

iichel wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:12 am ....He told me it was compatible with LED headlights, unfortunately this was not the case....
So maybe you could modify, the EEPROM with VagCanPro and make it works with LED headlights. I found out the one parameter, concerning combined DRL/park.light modules

Yesterday I have wrote a report on drive2 about the possibility of BCM parametrization.
And in the end of that report I wrote about it.
https://www.drive2.ru/l/489696641561919499/
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

Good job!!! thanks. :wink:
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

wow! i like it when we can adjust the timing to suit our own preference! interior lighting is definitely useful. I wonder if we can change the brightness? changing to led interior lamps is cool, but they re damn bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel

Post by iichel »

firegrafik wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:18 pm
iichel wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:12 am ....He told me it was compatible with LED headlights, unfortunately this was not the case....
So maybe you could modify, the EEPROM with VagCanPro and make it works with LED headlights. I found out the one parameter, concerning combined DRL/park.light modules

Yesterday I have wrote a report on drive2 about the possibility of BCM parametrization.
And in the end of that report I wrote about it.
https://www.drive2.ru/l/489696641561919499/
I'll give it a try but I only have a clone VCP cable. But that's a great post, very helpful, not only for the LED module but much much more.
federicodrdpro
Bronze Member
Drives: White Polo 6R TDI

Post by federicodrdpro »

The BCM 7E0937090B made in Germany is compatible with LED headlights?