ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Re: ciclo's Polo. R-line 1.2 TSI 90hp 119gr.

Post by cheba »

Hello ciclo, good to see you back :)

I saw in the first post of this thread that the Bluetooth module you have installed is the 7P6 035 730 L. Was there any particular reason for choosing the "L" version, or was it just the newest version at the time?

Do you happen to know what the difference is between the "J", "K", and "L" versions? All of them have SW 3200 and HW H15... And do you know what is the difference to the newer "M", "N" and "P" modules which all have SW 4217 and HW H16?
ORiOn
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo BlueGT / Audi S5

Post by ORiOn »

Hey Fernando! Welcome back, hope everything is ok! :D

One question... What is this for? My placement for it is empty and I always wondered what it was for...
:mrgreen:
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

cheba wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm Hello ciclo, good to see you back :)
ORiOn wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:45 pm Hey Fernando! Welcome back, hope everything is ok! :D
Hello friends, many thanks! Same for you both.
cheba wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm ... or was it just the newest version at the time?
Exactly.
cheba wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm Do you happen to know what the difference is between the "J", "K", and "L" versions? All of them have SW 3200 and HW H15...
I don't know, all these versions were on sale in Carsystems at the same time. The information on the Carsystems website about compatibility and functions was the same for all them.
cheba wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:02 pm And do you know what is the difference to the newer "M", "N" and "P" modules which all have SW 4217 and HW H16?
I think that with this software you can read incoming messages (not with the previous software) and I think it was more compatible with some smartphones. I'm not sure, but it was something like that.

I think it's possible replace the MDI module with an identical module with Bluetooth (high version) and MDI.

However, it is better to ask someone with more knowledges about compatibility with current smartphones. I'm not passionate about the phone (when driving my conversations don't reach a minute ...hello, yes, no, what the hell, yes, no, yes, ok, bye... more or less :lol: ).
ORiOn wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:45 pm One question... What is this for? My placement for it is empty and I always wondered what it was for...
Relay for the additional coolant pump. For CBZB/C petrol engine.
or
Automatic preheating cycle control unit. For diesel engine.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

7E0937090D 04R

8IT = LED headlights.
cheba
Silver Member

Post by cheba »

ciclo wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 pm I think that with this software you can read incoming messages (not with the previous software) and I think it was more compatible with some smartphones. I'm not sure, but it was something like that.

I think it's possible replace the MDI module with an identical module with Bluetooth (high version) and MDI.

However, it is better to ask someone with more knowledges about compatibility with current smartphones. I'm not passionate about the phone (when driving my conversations don't reach a minute ...hello, yes, no, what the hell, yes, no, yes, ok, bye... more or less :lol: ).
Yeah, it's so hard to find someone who know the difference between these things. I have asked on several different forums but nowhere has anyone been able to give me a more detailed answer than "newer is better" :lol:

I'm not sure either but I think that incoming messages can only be read if you have a "Premium" Bluetooth module (3C8 035 730) where the car effectively becomes the phone by wirelessly hijacking the SIM card of the phone (rSAP). Again I'm not sure so someone please correct me if I'm wrong. At the moment I lean towards buying an 7P6 035 730 J since they are easy to find used, and I know that the SW (same as the "L" version) supports music streaming over BT with song info display and steering wheel button control, and that is the functionality I need.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

cheba wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:51 pm At the moment I lean towards buying an 7P6 035 730 J since they are easy to find used, and I know that the SW (same as the "L" version) supports music streaming over BT with song info display and steering wheel button control, and that is the functionality I need.
Yes, those functionalities also are enough for me ... works... like... a... charm.

(I recognize being a troglodyte in phone matters :lol:)
Jay-Jay
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6R HL 1.2TSI 77kw, Audi S1 MY2018

Post by Jay-Jay »

ciclo wrote:
ORiOn wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:45 pm One question... What is this for? My placement for it is empty and I always wondered what it was for...
Relay for the additional coolant pump. For CBZB/C petrol engine.
or
Automatic preheating cycle control unit. For diesel engine.
I have CBZB engine, made in early 2010, and that relay is missing. [emoji848]
Instead, a friend of mine with CBZB engine (Polo 6R) and my mum with CBZA engine (Audi A1 w/ S&S), both engines made in 2011, have that relay.
Is it something the early (2009/2010) 1.2TSI engines don't have?

How does the additional coolant pump work without the relay?
cheba
Silver Member

Post by cheba »

I do believe all CBZB should have it. Have you tried looking around and checked below the battery? It could have fallen from the bracket and is hanging by the wires somewhere (I'm asking because when googling for photos of the CBZB engine, I found one photo where the relay was hanging between the engine and the battery).
Jay-Jay
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6R HL 1.2TSI 77kw, Audi S1 MY2018

Post by Jay-Jay »

I've just searched on ElsaWin and I've discovered that only CBZB engines made since May 2010 have that relay located in the engine bay, close to the battery.
My engine was made in the end of March of 2010 and the relay (J496) it's located in the 4th slot (on the right) of the relays compartment behind the dashboard.
ciclo

Post by ciclo »

This is the NEW car that my Wife will use to go to work. Replace our beloved 9N3.

Golf 1.0 TSI Ready2GO 115cv 6-speed 4 doors 109gr. (200Nm/l)
Manufacturing date: 08/2018
Model Year: K

Ready2GO is a very interesting special edition that is sold at VW dealers in Spain.

App connect, Composition Media 8 ", cruise control with speed limiter (mfsw), front and rear PDC, dual-zone climatronic, automatic lights, front armrest, rear discs, XDS, cornering lights, ...etc.
... and a long etc that I'm going to add later... OEM ... :lol:

Put a Golf 7.5/6 :mrgreen: in your life, it's a safe bet to have fun.

I love VW.
---

...this is what I have been doing lately, impossible to dedicate my spare time to other things "that I have pending". :)
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Great looking car with a lot of nice options. Congratulations!
dinoslmn
New
Drives: Polo 6C, 2016, 5D, 1.2TSI 90HP DSG

Post by dinoslmn »

ciclo wrote:This is the NEW car that my Wife will use to go to work. Replace our beloved 9N3.

Ready2GO is a very interesting special edition that is sold at VW dealers in Spain.

App connect, Composition Media 8 ", cruise control with speed limiter (mfsw), front and rear PDC, dual-zone climatronic, automatic lights, front armrest, rear discs, XDS, cornering lights, ...etc.
... and a long etc that I'm going to add later... OEM ... [emoji38]

I love VW.
---

...this is what I have been doing lately, impossible to dedicate my spare time to other things "that I have pending". :)
Wow, enjoy
3 or 4 cylinders ?
I think the fizics changed.....115 cv from 1liter....or the turbo works continuously ...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

ciclo

Post by ciclo »

iichel wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:55 pm Great looking car with a lot of nice options. Congratulations!
Thanks.
Other interesting options from factory:
Led taillights.
4 years warranty.

But no:
- pedals caps or footrest in stainless steel.
- front footwell lights.
- LED plate lights.
- RVC in emblem.
- Light Assist. HBA.
- folding mirrors.

They will be the first mods in my wife's Golf. Super easy.

In the future (after two years).. maybe the LED headlights (OEM).
dinoslmn wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:40 pm Wow, enjoy
3 or 4 cylinders ?
I think the fizics changed.....115 cv from 1liter....or the turbo works continuously ...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Tricilindric.

Before = 110 HP, and now provides 115 HP (it's a recent change, I think), maybe it's related to the WLTP homologation cycle.
This engine has a very interesting/efficient cooling system.
ORiOn
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo BlueGT / Audi S5

Post by ORiOn »

ciclo wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:15 pm.
This engine has a very interesting/efficient cooling system.
Yup! EA211 engines. Same as the BlueGT and all VW 1.0->1.5 TSI engines from 2014 up.
MaDwArLoCk
Bronze Member
Drives: Cross Polo 2010 TSI

Post by MaDwArLoCk »

ciclo wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:13 pm This is the NEW car that my Wife will use to go to work. Replace our beloved 9N3.

... and a long etc that I'm going to add later... OEM ... :lol:

I love VW.
---

Congratulations Fernando!
This is really nice car! And many possibilities for retrofits in future 😎👍