Who are you insured with?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Hey.

I'm currently insured with LV (unfortunately on my mum's policy - not fronting however) and its a decent price I suppose - around £750 (1.2 Diesel Match 61 plate).

I'm dying to get on my own insurance as I'm not getting my own NCB and LV allow no, yes NO wheel or suspension modifications.

Ideally I'd like to get some 17s for my polo or lower it on 15s. I've checked confused.com about 100 times over the last 6 months and the lowest I can get is about £3000 on my mums policy and like £5000 on my own.

So who are you with? Modifications? Age?

Cheers 8-)
franko247g
Bronze Member

Re: Who are you insured with?

Post by franko247g »

Download money supermarket app - fill in your details once and then you can try diff options like wheels, protected/ none protected ncb etc I find it quite decent as a guide "drive like a girl" always come up cheap or "bell from admiral" mines not due while sept but gives a rough guide :)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

franko247g wrote:Download money supermarket app - fill in your details once and then you can try diff options like wheels, protected/ none protected ncb etc I find it quite decent as a guide "drive like a girl" always come up cheap or "bell from admiral" mines not due while sept but gives a rough guide :)
Ah decent thanks :) yeah Elephant/Bell/Admiral are by far the cheapest.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Well I managed to get £3200 on my own policy with wheels, suspension, spacers, wider wheels and tires declared. Still extortionate but getting there!

Edit: more tweaking: when I'm 18 with 1 years named NCB (a few months) its down to £2k with mods. Still stupid amounts of money...

Edit2: £500 knocked off for when I'm a uni student living away from home (this September) - £1500
franko247g
Bronze Member

Post by franko247g »

Happy days! Least it's a start

That's mine no mods and my mrs on policy 1yrs ncb - pass plus age 22
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

I know it's been said so many times but Adrian flux? Especially for a younger driver like yourself. They've always knocked about £500 off the next cheapest quote. And right now in not insured with them I just use their quotes to haggle with my current insurers. As soon as I tell them I can get it for the price AF quote me it's amazing how quickly they go ok yeah alright well do it for that. This annoys me because its then quite clear I'm being ripped off if.i didn't shop about.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

franko247g wrote:Happy days! Least it's a start

That's mine no mods and my mrs on policy 1yrs ncb - pass plus age 22
Not too bad :) tried any mods?
benmkiv wrote:I know it's been said so many times but Adrian flux? Especially for a younger driver like yourself. They've always knocked about £500 off the next cheapest quote. And right now in not insured with them I just use their quotes to haggle with my current insurers. As soon as I tell them I can get it for the price AF quote me it's amazing how quickly they go ok yeah alright well do it for that. This annoys me because its then quite clear I'm being ripped off if.i didn't shop about.
Yeah Adrian flux told me to phone up. Couldn't be arsed today, if I get round to seriously wanting to mod my car then I will because I hear they're the cheapest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

Even without the mods they've been cheapest for me too mate.
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

benmkiv wrote:Even without the mods they've been cheapest for me too mate.
decent, thanks.
sam_vw
Bronze Member

Post by sam_vw »

Hi dude, have you tried Greenlight? I use them and they are great, they know the power of my car, and all mods done, I mentioned doing stage 2 tuning and it worked out a one off payment of £90, so Revo software exhaust etc are all covered! 21 with 4 years NCB and it's £90 per month for 9-10 months from memory.
Golemsmate
New

Post by Golemsmate »

I have a 2012 1.4 polo and I've just renewed my car insurance for £625 for Sainsburys premium insurance with all the bells and whistles. I'm 21 years old, male with 1 years no claims!

Thought that was a good price!
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

sam_vw wrote:Hi dude, have you tried Greenlight? I use them and they are great, they know the power of my car, and all mods done, I mentioned doing stage 2 tuning and it worked out a one off payment of £90, so Revo software exhaust etc are all covered! 21 with 4 years NCB and it's £90 per month for 9-10 months from memory.
That's not bad I'll have a look :)
Golemsmate wrote:I have a 2012 1.4 polo and I've just renewed my car insurance for £625 for Sainsburys premium insurance with all the bells and whistles. I'm 21 years old, male with 1 years no claims!

Thought that was a good price!
That is a good price! By bells and whistles you mean mods?
Golemsmate
New

Post by Golemsmate »

@Match - I mean the added extras like keycare, uninsured drivers promise and all that stuff. Mine is standard, except for an A3 exhaust trim but I wouldn't count that as a mod :)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Golemsmate wrote:@Match - I mean the added extras like keycare, uninsured drivers promise and all that stuff. Mine is standard, except for an A3 exhaust trim but I wouldn't count that as a mod :)
Ah I see :)
Match
Bronze Member

Post by Match »

Just a little update; I've been playing around with insurance quotes again and I've found that on my 18th birthday, Bell (from Admiral) will insure me on the polo in my name with the car belonging to me too for a mere £808.

A bonus too- to add alloy wheels it will go up to £855 and with lowered suspension up to 5cm added it goes to £875. Can't wait :D