Chrome Exhaust tips for blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Chrome Exhaust tips for blue GT

Post by Norbreck21a »

Hi all, anyone know what the tailpipe diameters are for the Blue GT so that I can get some tips on order for when the car arrives. On my Rocco, I used Skoda Yeti tips which were dirt cheap - will these still fit ?
wigit
Bronze Member

Re: Chrome Exhaust tips for blue GT

Post by wigit »

I plan on taking a tape measure down to measure this tomorrow when I pop into the dealers, out of interest what is the rocco diameter as my tsi roc had chrome tips
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

My guess is that they are the same size as the GTI... They both have identical rear bumpers and both dual exhaust tips.

I have been searching the web a little but couldn't find any sizes :(

But if you want to do some investigating, the part number for the BlueGT exhaust is: 6r6 253 609 ae
And for the GTI exhaust if you need to compare: 6r6 253 609 ab
b0rk
New

Post by b0rk »

From browsing ETKA with MY14 cars shown I reckon the chrome tips are PN 6R0253825 size is 130 x 73 x 73, price is approx 23 eur each.

The zorst system is shown as illustration 4, on page 253-80.

The GTI engine is definitely code CAVE/CTHE so PN 6R6 253 609 AB confirms the system illustration is correct.
Engine code CGGB is the 1.4 86PS engine and CBZB/CBZC is the 1.2 TSI in 90PS and 104PS states of tune respectively leaving only code CPTA PN 6R6 253 609AE as unknown.
So searching for code CPTA throws up PN04E100033C described as 1.4ltr 103KW thus the 140PS 1.4 ACT unit... confirming that zorst illustration 4 covers compatible bits.
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

cheers bOrk I am going to see how I get on at my local parts department for these
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

Ordered and should be in tomorrow, I think they are around £18 plus VAT each
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

big thanks to bOrk, car is being detailed today so finally got these on, will post some pics later,great fit just needed some gentle taps with a rubber mallet on a detailing cloth to get them into position
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Blinking heck £18.00 each so nearly £40 for a pair of tips ?

Are these not the same as the Skoda Yeti ones I fitted to my Scirocco as these were only £20 a pair ?

Looking forward to the photos by the way.
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

I never had to do the Yeti mod my rocco so they may well be but didn't want the risk, for convenience the VW option was taken, the fit is spot on, also bluemotion badge has been removed

before shot

worth while modification as car looks so much better
b0rk
New

Post by b0rk »

The skoda yeti ones should fit in theory as the pipe O/A dia is the same, however I think from reading etka that the VW ones are slightly shorter but the system isn't fully clear on this.

Now if you want real laugh the official retrofit tips are apparently PN 000071910 (£133).
nicster
New

Post by nicster »

Oh this is annoying, I thought the exhaust pipes were already chrome. I might have to do the same tho, these look nice!
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

b0rk wrote:The skoda yeti ones should fit in theory as the pipe O/A dia is the same, however I think from reading etka that the VW ones are slightly shorter but the system isn't fully clear on this.

Now if you want real laugh the official retrofit tips are apparently PN 000071910 (£133).
if they are longer will be interesting to see how they fit given they may be or may not be hampered by the bend in the pipes
b0rk
New

Post by b0rk »

I'm going for the VW ones as I can't be bothered to take a punt on the Skoda ones. However if anybody does try I'd be interested to learn if they fit.

I'd suspect the length discrepancy is down to the skoda tips requiring a flat exhaust end not a slash cut. The VW illustration and picture appear to indicate it'll fit a slash cut exhaust without requiring the end to be cut flat. Did you need to cut the exhaust end to make them fit?
broelling
New

Post by broelling »

It seems that this is default on a Blue GT here in Denmark. At least it says so in the brochure...
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

The taper on these match the taper on the exhaust so the exhaust meets the trim with no gaps and really set the car off

Not sure on the yeti tips as seen a few pics of these badly fitted to sciroccos