Chrome Exhaust tips for blue GT

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
nicster
New

Re: Chrome Exhaust tips for blue GT

Post by nicster »

I see Amazon has some options that seem well-priced (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... xhaust+tip).

Is there any reason not to go down this route?
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

nicster wrote:I see Amazon has some options that seem well-priced (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... xhaust+tip).

the rupse ones are similar on that page (providing they look like the pic) as the VW ones have that clip mechanism so no fixings

for me i've never been one for saving a tenner on a car at is over £18k and i wanted the oem look
nicster
New

Post by nicster »

wigit wrote:
nicster wrote:I see Amazon has some options that seem well-priced (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_ ... xhaust+tip).

the rupse ones are similar on that page (providing they look like the pic) as the VW ones have that clip mechanism so no fixings

for me i've never been one for saving a tenner on a car at is over £18k and i wanted the oem look
I like quality but I also don't like wasting money. Life is hard :roll:
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

Are they 65mm in diameter? They look to roughly that from the pictures. If they are you can probably pick up a set of A1/A3 chrome trims for about 40 quid.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Wigit,

Sorry for being a bit dense, but could you just confirm the part number for the ones you purchased please ?
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

Norbreck21a wrote:Wigit,

Sorry for being a bit dense, but could you just confirm the part number for the ones you purchased please ?
I ordered two of these PN 6R0253825 as per bOrk's post
b0rk
New

Post by b0rk »

Just to confirm I've now fitted PN 6R0253825 x2.

Push fit to the stage below.

Then hammer fit with a rubber mallet and protective block of wood until home, the finish is completely flush to the factory pipes very impressed at how simple they where to fit.
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

Hi b0rk,

I'm new to this forum. Just got my Polo Blue GT 2 days ago and really love it. However having an issue with getting the chrome tips. My VW dealer said they cannot get them as that specific tail pipe part is not available to VW UK. So from reading here, both you and Wigit have managed - with the 6R0253825 part number. Just to clarify did you use your VW dealer or an independent parts dealer? I really want to get them to finish off the look. any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

i got mine from the parts department of a UK VW Dealer, these are Polo GTI trims so available in the UK, easiest part i have ordered
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

Thanks wigit, guess your dealer is more switched on than mine!
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

Oh and can you confirm approx prices?
b0rk
New

Post by b0rk »

Approx £42 UK main dealer supplied at hand over offered to fit as well... I just gave them the PN stated I wanted two. It's a stock item off the GTI as wigit stated, the tips where out of stock in the UK when they ordered for me came within 4 days of them ordering.

If your dealer is being silly just walk up to the parts dept tell them the PN and state you want/need two and discuss no further what your doing with them.
nigelibrown
New

Post by nigelibrown »

Had mine fitted when i picked up the car, sales guys all agreed the car should be fitted with them from new as the difference in looks is large! Thank you for your help invaluable information.
gt_lock
New

Post by gt_lock »

I ordered mine last week and will have them fitted today, thanks to you guys for the info!
phill_11
New

Post by phill_11 »

Skoda Yeti tail pipe trims from eBay at about £24.99 for the two will also fit. You do need to remove two of the four internal clips but this is easy with pliers. This maybe the cheapest option for anyone who is interested. The seller on eBay is a Skoda dealer called Caffyns.