Speccing my new polo gti - Spoilers & side skirts

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Speccing my new polo gti - Spoilers & side skirts

Post by funlovincriminal »

I've decided the time is right & I am in discussions with VW about the new polo gti.

When i was looking at extras on the VW website I noticed you can spec roof spoiler £250, side skirts £205 and rear spoiler £210

My question is does the gti not already come with the above?? Is this an error on the options?

Heres my spec as it stands:

Bi-Xenon headlights with LED day running lights
Climatronic air conditioning
Convenience Pack - Polo
Metallic paint (shadow blue)
Multi-function steering wheel including paddle shift
RCD 510 touch screen radio/dash mounted 6 cd/mp3 auto-changer + 6 speakers + aux-in
Winter pack - Polo
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Re: Speccing my new polo gti - Spoilers & side skirts

Post by Daz_18T »

If you go for the GTi, your car will have that spec I would think, the cost of those parts will be for punters with none GTi spec and additionals to them. :wink:
funlovincriminal
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by funlovincriminal »

Yes I would expect that too, I just wondered if they were additional bits of bodykit on top of the factory spec spoiler/ skirts?
hornmeister
Bronze Member

Post by hornmeister »

Looking at the accesories brochure pics the stock GTI side skirts are smaller. If I recall correctly there is a different front & rear end on the GTI so these may not be compatible.

I may be wrong however, best to check with the dealer, but I'd order without and maybe fit later if you still want them as it's dealer rather than manufacturer supplied.
Tompfaa
New

Post by Tompfaa »

I personally didn't go for the winter pack because heated seats seem a bit of a waste of time without leather seats! I also didn't bother with climatronic air conditioning as the a/c system as standard is pretty damn good and its hardly worth using for the British weather! The Bi-Xenons are a great choice, they look fantastic and I cant help but look whenever there's a reflection of the car with mine!