Best Xenon style Halogen bulb.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
chrispy.
Gold Member

Best Xenon style Halogen bulb.

Post by chrispy. »

As i do not have bi-xenon bulbs, and they are a £3k retrofit from HazzyDayz.
I am looking to get a pair of Halogen H7 bulbs for my 6R.
Does anyone know which ones are good or really close to the Xenon brightness or look?

I have seen so many but can't make my mind up.

Please help.
AJ_7
Gold Member

Re: Best Xenon style Halogen bulb.

Post by AJ_7 »

From personal experience I think the MTEC H7 Super White bulbs give the best look and they also give better visibility in comparison to the OEM bulbs.
helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Post by helloimjammie »

I 2nd the MTEC super white.. or for half the price Ultra Power Bulbs 5000k h7 bulbs are nice and bright/white!! Search eBay Ultra h7 fitment range from £6-8 :-)

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

Anyone recommend the LED bulbs you can get with about 60 LED's on 1 bulbs?
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Post by helloimjammie »

I had something like tbis once and as dipped beam they aren't bright enough imo! Good for the drl on the polo tho? But mine we're just cheap ebay ones

chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

Which? The LED bulbs?
helloimjammie
Bronze Member

Post by helloimjammie »

Yeah the ones I had had a little projector like thing on the front which is probabky why they were pretty dim :-( maybe nore expensive better quality ones without s projector dome thing would be brighter? Mine were only like a couple of ££ haha :-) always Worth a try tho bud

rover220
Gold Member

Post by rover220 »

If you want to actually improve light output rather than being a chump with super white lights then go for osram nightbreaker plus.

Ive just fitted a pair to the volvo and the improvement is well worth the small outlay.
Dom_
Silver Member

Post by Dom_ »

rover220 wrote:If you want to actually improve light output rather than being a chump with super white lights then go for osram nightbreaker plus.

Ive just fitted a pair to the volvo and the improvement is well worth the small outlay.
Agreed, put some in my last Polo and they made the old bulbs look like tea candles
JayW
Silver Member

Post by JayW »

Philips Diamond Vision bulbs are quite nice. Not road legal mind you but they give that xenon effect with a nice slight blue tint as well. Light output is also quite good.
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

What im looking for is a nice whiter appearance to my bulbs which come close to the Xenon look, and give me better vision of the road
rover220
Gold Member

Re:

Post by rover220 »

chrispy. wrote:What im looking for is a nice whiter appearance to my bulbs which come close to the Xenon look, and give me better vision of the road

you cant really have both
chrispy.
Gold Member

Post by chrispy. »

rover220 wrote:
chrispy. wrote:What im looking for is a nice whiter appearance to my bulbs which come close to the Xenon look, and give me better vision of the road

you cant really have both

Damn! Can tell im a novice at this..
AJ_7
Gold Member

Post by AJ_7 »

So you can't get bulbs that give a more white appearance and better visibility than the OEM bulbs? That's utter BS.

Get yourself some MTEC H7 Super White bulbs, not only are they white, they give much better visibility than the OEM bulbs. Albeit not as good visibility as the Osram Nightbreakers and some of the top end Phillips bulbs. If you want a white look and better visibility than the standard bulbs, you can't go wrong with MTECs.