6R mapping....

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Daz_18T
Getting There!

6R mapping....

Post by Daz_18T »

What power upgrades are available for this car [6R] ? Going looking at a 12 plate tomorrow with low milage, may decide to stay with the Polo, as i love the wife's standard 9n3 GTi, don't want to mention other cars I have been browsing on here, but if I like the drive I'm having it, just curious how much bhp you can draw from a 14ltr engine, any help appreciated folks. :wink:
mercer868
New

Re: 6R mapping....

Post by mercer868 »

With a stage 1 Revo, its around an increase to 215hp and 205lbft. (Fairly similar with other brands) I am planning to remap mine next month with Revo.

However, its not just about the bhp output but more the power band increase which will be substantial through the revs.

Just bought myself a nice forge induction kit as well to run nicely with the remap.

Good luck. Hope this helps!
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Thanks for that Mercer, that quite a lot of torque, :mrgreen: now I'm deffinatly interested, will keep you posted. :wink:
chrispy.
Gold Member

6R mapping....

Post by chrispy. »

Watch what they do with your power and torque curve, some companies just turn everything up which puts alot of strain on the clutch.

Pendle Tuning is a company who care more about a smooth curve aswell as getting you every BHP and TORQUE output.

Hope this helps
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Cheers for that Chris, noted. :wink:
JCT 1991
Bronze Member

Post by JCT 1991 »

APR all the way ! revo are poor on the 1.4tsi mapping and this is speaking from experience having the uk 1/4 mile record with APR software absolutely hammered the REVO tuned cars ones !
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Right folks the reason for some of these questions is this, my car is now sold, I have a decision to make, I love the intrigue of power to weight, so the 2 cars that I have narrowed it down to is a Evo X and Polo GTi, love the build quality of VAG and love the Polo, can I live without 4x4 ? Money I save from the EvoX I could probably go down the Quaife route for handling being more precise, both cars paddle shift, still not driven the Polo until tomorrow, but I have experienced DSG, if I got mi hands on the Polo it would get subtle mods, fronts seats Recaro High Backs, Miltek, probably Eibach's all round, wheels, Map, that would be the vision for the Polo.
Some would say can I live without 4x4 which I have always had on past cars and from the drive of our 9n3 GTi, it can be more fun sometimes, probably the hardest crossroads I have had to cross, so pro'a and cons of both cars folks, both have their own characters, obviously running costs of the two is very different tax, insurance, fuel.
It's tough folks, so any help please, as my insurace needs sorting before next weekend.
The Evo X is currently having the private plate removed, do that has bought me some time to talk to you guys and the 10 working, days starts last Tuesday. :wink: Think I want a "Polo Evo X" :lol:
chrispy.
Gold Member

6R mapping....

Post by chrispy. »

What about wait for the new Polo with 250bhp?
Remap it after could be pushing close to 300bhp
It has 4 wheel drive
Youll have your build quality from VW and the power of an evo
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

The Polo R would of been an easy choice with the 4x4 and 2ltr engine, but that could be some time away, I'm just a big Polo fan, especially the 6n2 shape, 8) the old days, they used to call the underdogs Cossie Killers. :mrgreen:
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Hmmm....id go for the polo...fun car, quick and economical when you want it to be.

Evo is a bit of a serious car...i dont think you can have too much fun in it without being worried and hitting something lol

+ on the note of the "polo evo"....there actually is such a thing!!! lol

I seen a video some time ago on youtube...some guys got a polo 9n...and a evo 8

Used all the running gear and engine of the evo...put it on a widened polo body..BAM....its crazy

https://www.youtube*.com/watch?v=4p6JCog9PS0
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Can't wait to test the GTI in the morning, will put some pics on when we get there, hope there will be someone on here for any advise, my ladies. :wink:
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Anyone know if this 61 model falls into that engine problem bracket cheers. :wink:
greypolo9n3
Gold Member
Drives: white 6r 1.6 tdi rline/gti

Post by greypolo9n3 »

Daz_18T wrote:Anyone know if this 61 model falls into that engine problem bracket cheers. :wink:

Possible...

+ get one with LED xenon headlights!
Daz_18T
Getting There!

Post by Daz_18T »

Will check it out. :wink: