2014 spec. BlueGT finally here :)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
omega8
New

Re: 2014 spec. BlueGT finally here :)

Post by omega8 »

Mines getting built this week, should be here mid-Aug :D . Though I've opted to pick it up in Sept.

Couple of questions for nry:-

Whats the road noise like?
Hows the audio sound?
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

nry wrote:Who knows on the headlights, the dealer iPad configurator app shows the same lights as me too, I think it is supposed to have different ones, same as the front bumper.
Look at the VW German official configurator and also the official brochures and press photos of the face lifted Polo Blue GT:
http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/der- ... logue.html
The bumper and headlights on NRY’s Blue GT are the right ones for this model….
No doubt about that
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

The headlights are correct. The BlueGT is also the only Polo 6C available with the bi-xenon headlights after the introduction of the full LED headlights.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

omega8 wrote:Mines getting built this week, should be here mid-Aug :D . Though I've opted to pick it up in Sept.

Couple of questions for nry:-

Whats the road noise like?
Hows the audio sound?
Road noise...quiet, though I've come from a lowered and modified car with a straight through catback exhaust, so most cars would be quieter :)

Audio - I'm happy with it, though I miss my sub :)
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:The headlights are correct. The BlueGT is also the only Polo 6C available with the bi-xenon headlights after the introduction of the full LED headlights.
Thanks Martin, I'm still waiting for the dealer to confirm, but I do agree that these are the correct headlights :) Front bumper also is correct.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

So far it'll average 55mpg on my usual work run, but it drops towards 50 if my right foot is overly heavy on a particular journey.

Not sure on the total fuel tank range yet, so far it's suggesting ~440 miles but I've only covered 200 miles so far so once I've emptied the tank a few times I'll get a better idea. I estimated it would manage 55mpg when I looked at costs for fuel vs. my old LPG car as 55mpg was going to cost me the same per mile as I was already paying....looks like I wasn't far off the mark!

ACT certainly works better without cruise control being in use, as CC has a habit of accelerating a little more uphill than you can do manually, I do think that modern cars have way too much information being shown though, it's easy to find yourself fiddling on and looking at things when you should be looking at the road!
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Post by CrypticG »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:The headlights are correct. The BlueGT is also the only Polo 6C available with the bi-xenon headlights after the introduction of the full LED headlights.
martin - do you think the LED headlights will be able to be retro fit, as in a straight swap for the halogen unit, or will it require much more?
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

CrypticG wrote:
martin - do you think the LED headlights will be able to be retro fit, as in a straight swap for the halogen unit, or will it require much more?
I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a big job... The LED headlights are most likely controlled via the BCM which your halogen headlight's are not...
CrypticG
Silver Member

Post by CrypticG »

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a big job... The LED headlights are most likely controlled via the BCM which your halogen headlight's are not...
damn. i was hoping to swap them haha
Aszfaltbetyar
New

Post by Aszfaltbetyar »

nry wrote:So far it'll average 55mpg on my usual work run, but it drops towards 50 if my right foot is overly heavy on a particular journey.

Not sure on the total fuel tank range yet, so far it's suggesting ~440 miles but I've only covered 200 miles so far so once I've emptied the tank a few times I'll get a better idea. I estimated it would manage 55mpg when I looked at costs for fuel vs. my old LPG car as 55mpg was going to cost me the same per mile as I was already paying....looks like I wasn't far off the mark!

ACT certainly works better without cruise control being in use, as CC has a habit of accelerating a little more uphill than you can do manually, I do think that modern cars have way too much information being shown though, it's easy to find yourself fiddling on and looking at things when you should be looking at the road!
Hello nry!

Congratulation for you Blue Gt. I 100% sure you have the latest model, don't know why but VW not change the front bumper like others 6C, personally i prefer the old style.
If You see the VW factory Navarra pages you can see what im talking about:
http://www.vw-navarra.es/producto/index.aspx

When i took my 6R, my dealer sad in the first 3000 km, dont go higher than 3000 RPM.

I think the 55 mpg is very nice value and maybe it will increase a little. What distance are You reach the 55 mpg?
Can You post more pics from the interior?
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

I can't find a thing in the manual about running in so I've not done any, it gets up to temperature VERY quickly :)

55mpg is for me the end of a 26 mile drive mainly, however across town yesterday I managed 60mpg for a 3.5 mile journey which I was amazed at, it is easy enough to make good use of the ACT feature once you know how to keep the right gear to get it to turn on and stay on.
CrypticG
Silver Member

2014 spec. BlueGT finally here :)

Post by CrypticG »

My dealer told me that these days VW engines and oils are that well manufactured - a running in period isn't required. Obviously common sense comes in to play as well, as I wouldn't rag the arse off a new car anyway..
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

Running in on anything but mineral oil is a waste of time anyhow, fully synth is just too slippy to allow anything of consequence.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

nry wrote:Running in on anything but mineral oil is a waste of time anyhow, fully synth is just too slippy to allow anything of consequence.
Hi nry.

Beautiful car, very jealous! I REALLY want one - was offered one last year by the dealer but ended up with a 1.6tdi golf instead. Don't get me wrong, I love my golf but it's slow in comparison and the polo looks fun. I'm curious how firm the ride is on the BlueGT? This is one area my golf excels in (that and fuel economy). Is the BlueGT comfortable enough to be doing a 30 mile daily commute in?

Ta.
nry
Bronze Member

Post by nry »

Yeah the suspension is fine for daily use, in honesty I'd prefer it a bit stiffer, there's an oodle of twitchiness out of corners which I cured on my old car with some decent shocks...

Overall it's a good balance for most drivers I would say.