New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Re: New GTI

Post by rm55mcc »

Jerry77 wrote:My new car for 2016, Reflex silver, sun roof, manual, etc. Few mods, VWR sport springs, MTM wheel spacers, BN-Pipes cat back exhaust...[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160212/3c458d0baec73effa7169cbf17b02299.jpg[/img][img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160212/6f339273f19abf9a403f5072cc0c69a2.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Get a few videos up to here the sound out off it with them mods [emoji106][emoji106]
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

Will do soon, I don't have it yet. But can tell you, it's sounds awesome. GTI got the last point to be small hot hatch. [emoji6][emoji106]

CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

Bear wrote:
Quicksilver wrote: VW told me that my car was going to Emden, even though the ship was going to Sheerness. They were wrong. The ship went to Sheerness/Grimsby/Tyne and my car was offloaded at Grimsby. I reckon the City of Rome will sling your car off at one of those UK ports
Mine will be getting slung off at Sheerness 8)
Well the CITY OF ROME is a bit late and will dock in approximate 45 minutes. Let me know if you get a tracker update from VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bear
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 GTI

Post by Bear »

Looks like it's docked in Sheerness now, or parked alongside at the very least... :mrgreen:

I doubt I will get an update text from VW, I don't really expect one to be honest :?
JackM_24
Getting There!
Drives: Soon to be 2015 Polo GTI

Post by JackM_24 »

Took my wheel back regarding the scratched alloy and they've sent it back to their sub contractor who claim that the marks are 'tyre soap' (pull the other one) anyway we shall see when it comes back Monday.
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

JackM_24 wrote:Took my wheel back regarding the scratched alloy and they've sent it back to their sub contractor who claim that the marks are 'tyre soap' (pull the other one) anyway we shall see when it comes back Monday.
Right ho then! Yeah I always get marks like that when I've had new tyres. Good luck!

lewisp
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by lewisp »

So with my car not being here yet the dealer very kindly offered me a demo for the weekend!

Would highly recommend GTI World in Edinburgh to anyone and I'm sure if you spoke to Dean and mention my name he will look after you!

Check out a bit more here \/ \/ \/

https://www.facebook.com/gtiworld/posts ... ry_reshare

nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Just seen this on Facebook :)

gregmkv
New
Drives: 2016 Polo 6c GTI DSG

Post by gregmkv »

Quick question for all present GTI owners with PCP solutions.

How did VW react when asking if we're allowed to modiy our cars? Thinking of getting a '16 Polo GTI but I think mods will be a big factor in the choice between that and an ST.
lewisp
Getting There!

Post by lewisp »

gregmkv wrote:Quick question for all present GTI owners with PCP solutions.

How did VW react when asking if we're allowed to modiy our cars? Thinking of getting a '16 Polo GTI but I think mods will be a big factor in the choice between that and an ST.

I modified my last polo on PCP, coilovers etc, was never a problem or queried, just keep all OEM parts to return it to standard prior to handing back or trading in, I got a trade in value while all mods were on but I told the salesman they would be removed prior to him getting it back :)

Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

gregmkv wrote:Quick question for all present GTI owners with PCP solutions.

I haven't said anything to them, I plan on selling the car before the end of the term anyway so not really an issue

Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

So seeing as this thread is a huge one now, I feel it's a good place to ask if anyone knows of any common issues popping up with the GTI. Things like the oil problem the only one had
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

Post by CJO »

The rattle on the passenger side seems to be the seatbelt height *thingy* but that seems to be a common one.

lewisp
Getting There!

Post by lewisp »

Issues I don't care much for yet, this however greatly excites me!!!

https://video.citnow.com/vtnTRHgDF88

She's here, and we have our first date on Wednesday!

Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Wilxay wrote:So seeing as this thread is a huge one now, I feel it's a good place to ask if anyone knows of any common issues popping up with the GTI. Things like the oil problem the only one had
What oil problem? Mine's used next to nothing in 6000 miles

EDIT: Just realised you meant to say 'old' one. We've had no problems at all other than the Radio not being up to spec. I really wanted a decent stereo in this car and it's far from that.