Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI

Post by SRGTD »

d7lan wrote: Kerbstone 1 - 0 Alloy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Ouch! Fortunately, not too severe, so a straightforward repair. Typical cost is around £75-£80 plus VAT for diamond cut refurb.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Andy4791 wrote:Mentioned b4 but its driving me mad now lol, the gloss black touch screen surround, and around heater/blower controls seems to creak/rattle more and more. U can hear it do it just by pressing the soft touch material near it. Anybody had this or had dealer try fix it.
I'm going to talk it up now Andy, but so far I've been lucky as far as interior trim creaks and rattles are concerned. I had the creaking door seals (had this on my mk6 Golf too); cured by applying Gummi Pflege. I also had the brake squeal, which stopped after the first few weeks, but the interior has been silent.

If you do get the dealer to try and fix it, I'd make sure you get them to agree the trim is unmarked and undamaged before they start removing it in case they damage it and then deny doing it (it does happen - aware of instances on some of the mk6 Golf forums in the past). Have you thought of getting a trim removal tool and removing / re-fitting the trim yourself? Don't know how straightforward it is to remove the trim with the proper tool, but might be an option worth considering.
Andy4791
Silver Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Andy4791 »

Yeah I know they cud damage it, and not even cure it. Its a shame as waited ages for the car, bought it thinking I'd b going up in quality from my Ford Fiesta but its far worse than that for rattles etc, bit disappointing to say the least.
Andres Tamez
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI

Post by Andres Tamez »

Jerry77 wrote:
Jaimielad wrote:Hi Jerry is she sitting on the vwr springs?
If she is how about a side on photo[emoji1305][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello, yes, those are VWRs. Not very low, not that high. Good for daily use. Also Revo intake, BN-Pipes catback exhaust. Pictures are here. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi From Mexico City!, I just got my 2017 Polo GTI but I cant find the part number for the lowering springs, I don't care the brand, I just need to lower him!, can you share your Springs Part Number?
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Hi Andres
If you go to the awesomegti website the springs are there
Not sure if they will post to Mexico but it's worth a try
The ones I used are the vwracing springs for the polo 6r
Hope this helps

Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

Andy4791 wrote:Yeah I know they cud damage it, and not even cure it. Its a shame as waited ages for the car, bought it thinking I'd b going up in quality from my Ford Fiesta but its far worse than that for rattles etc, bit disappointing to say the least.
Is a shame as you waited so long. Mine has been fine so far touch wood. I'd go back to the dealers. I came from a Fiesta (not a ST) and I felt it was a step up apart from a lack of a heated windscreen!
LegoDeano
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI+ / Limestone Grey

Post by LegoDeano »

GeorgeS78 wrote:Here's a better pic of her guysImage

Saw you on my drive home last night mate (going towards Copthorne). My other half was driving otherwise I'd have given a quick beep/flash. Those wheels look brilliant. :)

Would you be able to point me in the direction of where you got your wind deflectors? I realised the passenger seatbelt makes a lovely slapping noise when you get to 60 with the windows down.. joy!
GeorgeS78
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 soon to be 6C GTI

Post by GeorgeS78 »

LegoDeano wrote:
GeorgeS78 wrote:Here's a better pic of her guys[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160617/d502ed4caef0c7a43324db2acddaab8f.jpg[/img]

Saw you on my drive home last night mate (going towards Copthorne). My other half was driving otherwise I'd have given a quick beep/flash. Those wheels look brilliant. :)

Would you be able to point me in the direction of where you got your wind deflectors? I realised the passenger seatbelt makes a lovely slapping noise when you get to 60 with the windows down.. joy!
Ahh I thought I recognised the reg on the car, was gonna wave as I went past. Thanks, they're a pain to keep clean. Here's a link for the wind deflectors http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wind-Deflecto ... SwBLlVP5ie

jmccann
New
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by jmccann »

I've got rattles coming from the glovebox/footwell and drivers side a-pillar.. Anyone else? It's been in to Colchester and Ipswich VW and both have heard the rattles, attempted to fix but now say they are as expected from a GTI. Seems like b/s to me. Maybe I'm just being pedantic..
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

Expected, that's nice lol. Admittedly a car with firmer suspension will get a few creaks an rattles over its like but think the build quality should still make pretty rattle free. I too get the A pillar one, and another reared it head in the instrument binnacle area. Your experience with dealer puts me off trying to get them to sort plus its a bloody hassle. May just turn the stereo up lol. Shouldn't have to tho
Norfolk Boy
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Norfolk Boy »

Andy4791 wrote:Expected, that's nice lol. Admittedly a car with firmer suspension will get a few creaks an rattles over its like but think the build quality should still make pretty rattle free. I too get the A pillar one, and another reared it head in the instrument binnacle area. Your experience with dealer puts me off trying to get them to sort plus its a bloody hassle. May just turn the stereo up lol. Shouldn't have to tho
I think that if you are not happy with the car there can't be any harm going back to the dealers and asking them to fix it. VW built its reputation on build quality so there is no excuses. There seem to be people on this forum who have no problems and others that do and that is reason enough to go back to the dealers.

I am still having a mid life crisis about my car. There are no problems but it wasn't my first choice which was vetoed by my better half. I still hanker after an ST to some degree but equally don't want to waste my or a dealers time in test driving another to make a comparison and then walk away. I just like cars that are very engaging to drive. The logical answer is the Polo is a better all round bet because it is a little faster, has a better interior, mine has five doors and isn't materially less fun to drive. However I would be interested to know how ex ST owners feel and whether any would go back to the ST.
Andy4791
Silver Member

Post by Andy4791 »

I know where ur coming from m8, do miss the handling of my Zetec S fiesta at times as think Ford just hit that sweet spot, ST for me was too firm as a daily driver
Bigfish99
New
Drives: GTI DSG

Post by Bigfish99 »

Andres Tamez wrote:
Jerry77 wrote:
Jaimielad wrote:Hi Jerry is she sitting on the vwr springs?
If she is how about a side on photo[emoji1305][emoji1303]

Hello, yes, those are VWRs. Not very low, not that high. Good for daily use. Also Revo intake, BN-Pipes catback exhaust. Pictures are here. ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi From Mexico City!, I just got my 2017 Polo GTI but I cant find the part number for the lowering springs, I don't care the brand, I just need to lower him!, can you share your Springs Part Number?
Hey! Any chance of a closeup of how the car sits from the side? Still trying to decide which springs i want! Cheers!
Jaimielad
New
Drives: Black 2016 Gti

Post by Jaimielad »

Here you go, front and back wheels
Instead of a four finger gap it's down to two[emoji1303]ImageImage

Andres Tamez
New
Drives: 2017 Polo GTI

Post by Andres Tamez »

Jaimielad wrote:Here you go, front and back wheels
Instead of a four finger gap it's down to two[emoji1303]ImageImage

Very Nice! what springs are you using? and how much they lower the car?