Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rm55mcc
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.4

Re: New GTI

Post by rm55mcc »

Jerry77 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
Jerry77 wrote: Racingline Performance aka Eibach. I got those too. About 2 cm down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have a pic ???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any side on shots???

Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

rm55mcc wrote:
Jerry77 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:

You have a pic ???

Any side on shots???

ImageImageImage

I have German BN-Pipes cat-back and sounds pretty good! Like it more than Milltek and Scorpion.

Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

Hi all,

If you would fancy a meet up with our Polo GTIs at the GTI International show in June, then why not sign up for the UK-POLOS.NET club display at the event this year?

Link here for more info: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=69373

Any questions, just ask or PM me.
JB1980
New
Drives: GTI

Post by JB1980 »

Hi All,
New here and just waiting on my new Polo GTI.

I've been told that my car was in transit as of the 27th April and VW live chat tell me today that its in port over in Spain but wouldn't tell me the name of the ship.

Obviously I'm like a child waiting for Christmas waiting for the new car so mega keen.

Does anyone else have a car in transit and have anymore info on when it should be arriving in the UK, or does anyone know how much longer I should be waiting for my new pocket rocket.

Thanks

James

Edit :
Car Spec
Blue silk
3 door
Convenience pack
Cruise & Park
light & sight
parking
sports performance
rear view camera
Discovery nay
Pano sunroof
climate conditioning
Philycur
New
Drives: 6C GTI

Post by Philycur »

Hi James,

I ordered my car on Feb 13th and mine arrived bang on 11 weeks (although mine did have to travel across to Northern Ireland). Live chat told me mine was still in the Port in Spain and it was there for near 2 weeks but all of a sudden it wan in England. The live chat guys have very limited info I think. If it's been in transit for near 2 weeks already it'll be close to England if not already there. Few days wait in the Port then on a transporter to your dealer. You'll have it shortly i'd say... Although I nearly think the closer you are to getting it the harder the waiting becomes!

Your options list is class as well... Did you leave anything out?!?!

Philip
JB1980
New

Post by JB1980 »

Philycur wrote:Hi James,

I ordered my car on Feb 13th and mine arrived bang on 11 weeks (although mine did have to travel across to Northern Ireland). Live chat told me mine was still in the Port in Spain and it was there for near 2 weeks but all of a sudden it wan in England. The live chat guys have very limited info I think. If it's been in transit for near 2 weeks already it'll be close to England if not already there. Few days wait in the Port then on a transporter to your dealer. You'll have it shortly i'd say... Although I nearly think the closer you are to getting it the harder the waiting becomes!

Your options list is class as well... Did you leave anything out?!?!

Philip
Hi Phili,

I got the impression that the live chat guys were looking at basic info, i imagine they live chat for a few different manufacturers.

Good to now the car should (hopefully) be almost here if not already sitting somewhere in the UK waiting.

got a bit carried away with the options list but hey if I'm spending 2hrs a day in the thing i want a few bells and whistles.

thanks
James
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

https://www.motor1.com/news/145137/2018-vw-polo-spied/

Was looking forward to swapping my 2015 GTI for the new one at the end of the year.....but so far unimpressed with the new basic model. Dull. Was hoping for more of a step change. Chassis is improved but bodywork uninspiring.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote:https://www.motor1.com/news/145137/2018-vw-polo-spied/

Was looking forward to swapping my 2015 GTI for the new one at the end of the year.....but so far unimpressed with the new basic model. Dull. Was hoping for more of a step change. Chassis is improved but bodywork uninspiring.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
VW's approach to their next generation models has pretty much always been evolutionary rather than revolutionary, so it was unlikely there would've been a significant step change in the styling of the new Polo over the current model.

VW wouldn't want to alienate the majority of existing Polo owners looking to change to the new model, and a substantially different design might've done this. The evolutionary approach also means the current model will still look fresh and won't look too outdated alongside the new model either.
TBjork
New
Drives: Polo GTI 1.8

Post by TBjork »

Jerry77 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:
Jerry77 wrote: Image

Any side on shots???

ImageImageImage

I have German BN-Pipes cat-back and sounds pretty good! Like it more than Milltek and Scorpion.

Interesting that BN-Pipes cat-back system! How is the sound compared to stock? I am thinking of the Supersprint cat back as well, but I guess the one with the center muffler is not loud enough... So perhaps the Supersprint (768913) Centre pipe instead with the (768936) Rear exhaust OO80.
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

TBjork wrote:
Jerry77 wrote:
rm55mcc wrote:

Any side on shots???

ImageImageImage

Interesting that BN-Pipes cat-back system! How is the sound compared to stock? I am thinking of the Supersprint cat back as well, but I guess the one with the center muffler is not loud enough... So perhaps the Supersprint (768913) Centre pipe instead with the (768936) Rear exhaust OO80.
It's a nice difference! Sound is much deeper, interesting is, that works like with valve, till about 2500 rpm is quiet and than when turbo has enough air, much deeper. I am really satisfied with it, also the owner Mr. Niedermayr was so kind, gave me discount and assembly for free.

TBjork
New

Post by TBjork »

Thanks Jerry77 for the info! :) Do you have clip (Youtube) so I can get a "taste" of the exhaust? There seems not to be any good video clip available of that exhaust with the Polo GTI 1.8 6C.
Jerry77
Getting There!

Post by Jerry77 »

TBjork wrote:Thanks Jerry77 for the info! :) Do you have clip (Youtube) so I can get a "taste" of the exhaust? There seems not to be any good video clip available of that exhaust with the Polo GTI 1.8 6C.
I know its a kind of lottery, I don't have any video either. I hope I can do one soon.

TBjork
New

Post by TBjork »

Jerry77 wrote: Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 pm
TBjork wrote:Thanks Jerry77 for the info! :) Do you have clip (Youtube) so I can get a "taste" of the exhaust? There seems not to be any good video clip available of that exhaust with the Polo GTI 1.8 6C.
I know its a kind of lottery, I don't have any video either. I hope I can do one soon.

That would be great! Yes it is a kind of lottery... And if a bad decision is made you will have to live with it - until it is fixed...
JB1980
New

Re: have you modified your polo??

Post by JB1980 »

Hi, picked up my new polo gto lasy friday and i love it, but like all of us im thinking how can improve it (if possible).

If you had between £400 - £500 to spend on a modification/s what would everyone recommend?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Don7601
New
Drives: 2015 GTi

Re: have you modified your polo??

Post by Don7601 »

JB1980 wrote:Hi, picked up my new polo gto lasy friday and i love it, but like all of us im thinking how can improve it (if possible).

If you had between £400 - £500 to spend on a modification/s what would everyone recommend?

Get it lowered

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk