Plug and Play Sound system (Sub and Amp)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Re: Plug and Play Sound system (Sub and Amp)

Post by TheFrog »

rsmagee wrote:All in inc fitting its coming to 490. Thats the list price from the catalog. No dealer I talked to was able to offer any discount whatsoever on this item.
Still seems pretty expensive. They're available in Germany for around £265.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-VW-G ... 2a467fe8db
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

TheFrog wrote:
rsmagee wrote:All in inc fitting its coming to 490. Thats the list price from the catalog. No dealer I talked to was able to offer any discount whatsoever on this item.
Still seems pretty expensive. They're available in Germany for around £265.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-VW-G ... 2a467fe8db
Yeah I know, but I just want it done right with minimum fuss. It can be removed and put in my next VW too. Plus I'm not to interested in tearing the car up to do it myself and introducing rattles.
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

^ All good points. Let us know if it really does improve the sound quality :)
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Post by CrypticG »

does anyone with a 6c find that the is quite a lot of door rattle when the speakers are set to around half way? I find it very annoying, if i push on the area that rattles it disappears, so it is rattling with the sound waves, most likely the bass. I would like this upgrade but i would feel like it would make it even worse
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

CrypticG wrote:does anyone with a 6c find that the is quite a lot of door rattle when the speakers are set to around half way? I find it very annoying, if i push on the area that rattles it disappears, so it is rattling with the sound waves, most likely the bass. I would like this upgrade but i would feel like it would make it even worse
I don't hear any vibrations, but I do find the stereo system gets a bit distorted at higher volume. Have you asked your dealer to take a look at the vibration? I had this on my 6R, a very faint buzzing sound under acceleration on the drivers side and they found one of the door clips had dropped to the bottom of the door card, presumably from when they replaced the door cables because they used to seize in winter. :|
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Sat at the dealer with it being fitted now. Had the sound right up on the drive to get here and heard no rattles ect. Will update on how it sounds when it get the keys back :)
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

rsmagee wrote:Sat at the dealer with it being fitted now. Had the sound right up on the drive to get here and heard no rattles ect. Will update on how it sounds when it get the keys back :)
If you could post pix of what it sounds like, that would be great :wink:
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

So this is turning in to a nightmare. Had the car for 5 hours and they didnt get it installed right. Been sent home in a Tigaun. Apparently the instructions are very difficult to follow :roll:
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I (an amateur) installed it myself in my Polo in a couple of hours. it's really is just a matter of taking apart the trim along the door(s), remove the glovebox and pull out the radio.

That done there is just a two plugs to connect behind the radio to run the existing loom through the new one going to the sub/amp assembly in the spare wheelwell.
(I had to cut off two pins and solder on new ones because the 12V pins are smaller on a 6R than on a Mk7 Golf. But that done it's just a matter of screwing the glovebox back on, attaching the trim that was taken off and to plug the sub in.

Job done.
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:I (an amateur) installed it myself in my Polo in a couple of hours. it's really is just a matter of taking apart the trim along the door(s), remove the glovebox and pull out the radio.

That done there is just a two plugs to connect behind the radio to run the existing loom through the new one going to the sub/amp assembly in the spare wheelwell.
(I had to cut off two pins and solder on new ones because the 12V pins are smaller on a 6R than on a Mk7 Golf. But that done it's just a matter of screwing the glovebox back on, attaching the trim that was taken off and to plug the sub in.

Job done.
No idea what the issue is. I thought I was paying to avoid this rubbish. Might be as its a 6C with the MiB Gen 2 system.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

rsmagee wrote: Might be as its a 6C with the MiB Gen 2 system.
Ah yes. That coul be... It's a completly different system.

The "brain" of the system is hidden above the glovebox and the screen sits alone in the dashboard with nothing behind it, where the entire system is in one unit like a conventionel radio in th 6R.

So I could imagine it could either be an issue with space or that the plugs are different... But since min came from a Mk 7 Golf which has the same stereo as the 6C the plugs should be the same...
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

Sorry to hear of the problems. Your experience has put me off a bit. I had read that these things are anything but Plug & Play... Hope you get it sorted.
Amig
New
Drives: 2014 6R R-line GTD 2.0

Post by Amig »

Not sure if this adds anything to the Topic but i am going for an active unit the Pioneer TS-WX 710A it fits nicely next to the sparewheel in the trunk or can be mounted to the back of the rear seats.

It is a unit which has the sub and amp as a whole so very similar to the one in this topic.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Amig wrote:Not sure if this adds anything to the Topic but i am going for an active unit the Pioneer TS-WX 710A it fits nicely next to the sparewheel in the trunk or can be mounted to the back of the rear seats.

It is a unit which has the sub and amp as a whole so very similar to the one in this topic.
I actually have one of those that I had in my old Golf. The problem is it only amps the sub, so the speakers remain on the headunit, and bass is still sent to your mid speakers.