Plug and Play Sound system (Sub and Amp)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Re: Plug and Play Sound system (Sub and Amp)

Post by rsmagee »

So, just got off the phone with the dealer manager. He is claiming it can't be fitted to Polo 6C cars. Have to collect my car minus the system tomorow. He was rude about it and I feel really let down :( Pissed off tbh!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

That really sucks!!!

But in the danish extra's catalogue for the Polo 6C the sound Helix Subwoofer is shown... So it does fit.

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/b0c ... b0ccd46a/8
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

Sometimes main dealers can be really poor, others can be great. Try phoning other dealers around the area and ask if they can fit it?
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Very tempted to just order one from Germany. Though a bit worried in case my dealer was right and it wont work with my car for some reason
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

Mart!n-GTI-DK wrote:But in the danish extra's catalogue for the Polo 6C the sound Helix Subwoofer is shown... So it does fit.
It is also in the French 6C accessory catalogue, so I reckon your dealer is bullsh**ing you. Clearly they don't know how to fit it.

About 6 months ago I had a similar experience with my Ford dealer when I asked them to fit climate control to my Transit. After saying they could do it in an hour, they eventually billed me for 5 hours, because "it was harder than they thought".
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

I'm just going to grab my car tomorow and forget about it. Manager tried claiming my car had differnt wiring to a normal 6C. Grade A s**t.

I have had to keep defending the s**t VW put me through everytime a dealer (multiple) touch my car. Love the cars but can't handle VWUK. Think this will be my last one.
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

rsmagee wrote:I'm just going to grab my car tomorow and forget about it. Manager tried claiming my car had differnt wiring to a normal 6C. Grade A ****.

I have had to keep defending the **** VW put me through everytime a dealer (multiple) touch my car. Love the cars but can't handle VWUK. Think this will be my last one.
At least you can take comfort in the fact that the 6C has a very good stock sound anyway and that you have saved yourself a load of dosh :) Thanks for sharing your experience, though - now we know to be very wary of this sub.
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

TheFrog wrote:
rsmagee wrote:I'm just going to grab my car tomorow and forget about it. Manager tried claiming my car had differnt wiring to a normal 6C. Grade A ****.

I have had to keep defending the **** VW put me through everytime a dealer (multiple) touch my car. Love the cars but can't handle VWUK. Think this will be my last one.
At least you can take comfort in the fact that the 6C has a very good stock sound anyway and that you have saved yourself a load of dosh :) Thanks for sharing your experience, though - now we know to be very wary of this sub.
I honestly think it would be fine in mainland Europe. Its just UK dealers seem to struggle to do anything right! Suppose that why VW came near bottom in auto-expresses dealer survey
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

rsmagee wrote:I honestly think it would be fine in mainland Europe. Its just UK dealers seem to struggle to do anything right! Suppose that why VW came near bottom in auto-expresses dealer survey
Maybe in Germany, where they do things properly, but the French are just as hopeless as the Brits with things like this :D
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

rsmagee wrote:I honestly think it would be fine in mainland Europe. Its just UK dealers seem to struggle to do anything right! Suppose that why VW came near bottom in auto-expresses dealer survey
There can be a world of difference by just trying a different dealer... trust me.
saty
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6r 1.6tdi

Post by saty »

^ +1
Try a different dealership from a different franchise
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

Contacted a German dealer about getting a sound system. He said there is a new system coming out in the summer which is recommended for the 6C. He pretty much said don't use the current one on a 6C. So guess il wait and get it installed with my annual service.
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

rsmagee wrote:Contacted a German dealer about getting a sound system. He said there is a new system coming out in the summer which is recommended for the 6C. He pretty much said don't use the current one on a 6C. So guess il wait and get it installed with my annual service.
Good info!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

The new one is the one in the danish catalogue i linked to before. part number: 000 051 419 (from what I have been told).
rsmagee
Silver Member

Post by rsmagee »

According to the VW dealer from Germany, that product 000 051 419 has issues with the 6C. No idea why they are advertising it in the price list. A new product will supersede 000 051 419 in the summer.