iichels Polo 6R 1.6TDI DSG --> OEM++ R-Line conversion

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Bluemotion

Post by iichel »

sounds interesting but I'd prefer the OEM way. maybe that's just my personal shortcoming ;)
I added a pile of photos to the TS, if anyone would like to have some specific photos of something, let me know.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Very interesting all those images. (a lot of work there) :wink:
gtsportms
Getting There!
Drives: Polo 6R

Post by gtsportms »

iichel wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:18 pm Another, slightly useless, mod. Open trunk button on the inside of the boot lid.

I bought this button:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Electri ... 25405.html

Then the wiring is simple.
T4/2 to GND
T4/3 to the white/violet wire in the trunk wiring loom, i.e. at the natural color connector in the boot.

Maybe u can Put the button in the Front of the Car to Open the Trunk from there ?
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Post by CNK »

^ check the previous page ;)

:arrow: viewtopic.php?p=529565#p529565
iichel

Post by iichel »

Haha yeah, the story behind it is that I actually bought the 4G button first. to mount it in the lower dashboard.
But then I decided I didn't want to cut onto the dashboard. And then decided it wouldn't be a great idea to fit this 4G press button in the footwell.
the risk of accidentally kicking it and then opening the boot would be a bit to great.
So I went to buy the Touareg button, this one operates by pulling, and so I had a spare button.

Since the boot trim was already quite damaged and modified with some lights... I figured... Why not :)
iichel

Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Rosa Line Bluemotion

Post by iichel »

Replaced the heater ventilator today. It's a bit dirty and after 7 years, it's squeaking a bit. Well, a lot, at lower RPM.
Found a good deal for a brand new 6Q1820015H on eBay

Replacing is not very difficult.
Remove glove box
6 screws
Cut a tie-wrap
Unplug wire to recirculation flap motor
Unplug connector for ventilator
Remove ventilator

Mount in reverse order.

iichel

Post by iichel »

Since I'm doing three posts in a row without editing, it better be good.

Mod: Extra air filter below parafane

My lovely Rosa is one of the people with COPD worldwide and especially in summer, the pollen in the air makes her suffer while breathing.
So last year, I mounted an extra airfilter. The idea comes from drive2.ru and aliexpress.
I bought one filter housing and three filters.: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1-pcs-Ne ... 79061.html

She said she had some benefit of it last spring.

Installation is rather simple, I'll let the pictures do the talking.

Tools needed: 13mm wrench, flat screw driver.
Be careful when you place and remove the parafane to avoid damage to the lips where it clicks in.

benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

Hi iichel
1. would you mind sharing more info on your experience with this additional filter? Many said it would make the lifetime pollenfilter inside longer, but ive doubt with the airflow with this additional filter in place?

2. Saw your mod for trunk button from inside which give me idea of having the specific fuel cap unlock button. Do you think its possible?

3. Is your trunk open automatically after unlock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel

Post by iichel »

Hey, good morning.

Keep in mind for answer 2 and 3: there is a difference between unlock and open. Unlock = not locked. You can pull the handle, but it stays close. Open = open.

1) interesting thought. I don't think it will completely replace the pollen filter inside. The density of the extra filter is different, it's lower. So I think it only partially replaces the cabin filter. And so the inside filter will need replacement still. I've seen a few occasions where the cabin filter had leafs in it as well as little branches. I think the extra filter will take away some of this and keep the ventilator a little cleaner. But I still replace the cabin filter every year, just before spring. It's not very expensive to do so anyway.

2) I think it is possible, electrically. But.
The unlock signal from T73a/11 (purple/white) goes to all door locks (left and right, front and rear).
But the return of this wire for all doors is not GND or plus but it goes to T73a/12 (purple/grey).

You need to find out what voltage is used on what wire (one will be the plus and probably GND on the other) and how long the signal is.
And isolate the wire to the flap from the rest. I.e. with a diode or relay.
Reason 1: you probably only want the fuel filler flap to unlock. Not the rest. I guess.
Reason 2: you want to avoid an error in the computer. If you power the wire, an the computer doesn't expect it, you might have an electrical malfunction detected (short to plus).

Besides this, you can ask yourself the usefulness.
It doesn't open the flap, it only unlocks it. You'll still need to press the flap and open it.

3) yes, but only the first few cm. This is due to the Scirocco puffers.
After that, you need to open it yourself. Reason is, for completely opening you need to replace the gas springs with much heavier versions. And my wife is only 50kgs...
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Post by CNK »

I have gas springs with much heavier versions (from Toled), but they don't work if is below 15 °C. So it's good only in summer :P
I saw, that in Germany there are popular special springs Plug&Play, if I remember correctly, some time ago Millo Kam sold them in some Polo DE/AT/CH facebook group.
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

iichel wrote:Hey, good morning.

Keep in mind for answer 2 and 3: there is a difference between unlock and open. Unlock = not locked. You can pull the handle, but it stays close. Open = open.

1) interesting thought. I don't think it will completely replace the pollen filter inside. The density of the extra filter is different, it's lower. So I think it only partially replaces the cabin filter. And so the inside filter will need replacement still. I've seen a few occasions where the cabin filter had leafs in it as well as little branches. I think the extra filter will take away some of this and keep the ventilator a little cleaner. But I still replace the cabin filter every year, just before spring. It's not very expensive to do so anyway.

2) I think it is possible, electrically. But.
The unlock signal from T73a/11 (purple/white) goes to all door locks (left and right, front and rear).
But the return of this wire for all doors is not GND or plus but it goes to T73a/12 (purple/grey).

You need to find out what voltage is used on what wire (one will be the plus and probably GND on the other) and how long the signal is.
And isolate the wire to the flap from the rest. I.e. with a diode or relay.
Reason 1: you probably only want the fuel filler flap to unlock. Not the rest. I guess.
Reason 2: you want to avoid an error in the computer. If you power the wire, an the computer doesn't expect it, you might have an electrical malfunction detected (short to plus).

Besides this, you can ask yourself the usefulness.
It doesn't open the flap, it only unlocks it. You'll still need to press the flap and open it.

3) yes, but only the first few cm. This is due to the Scirocco puffers.
After that, you need to open it yourself. Reason is, for completely opening you need to replace the gas springs with much heavier versions. And my wife is only 50kgs...

1) Thanks iichel. Yes i know its not that expensive. So u re saying there’s no issue in term of performance with additional filter in place(worried the additional filter block the good volume of air coming in).

2) the reason is simply because i think when im stopping for refuel, the car will unlock all doors which what im trying to avoid. im not sure if opening the driver door will also unlock the fuel cap. i think its not. so ive to press the unlock button to unlock the fuel cap which is also means im unlocking all the doors. Making sense? lol

3) Yes, thats what i heard. we can install stronger strut to make it full open automatically but to close it back surely going to need more strength which is not what we want i guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel

Post by iichel »

well it's just as easy pressing the keyfob as pressing/pulling a button? no? :mrgreen:
ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

iichel, where was this thread?
hidden somewhere on page 4,5,6,7.... ?

great mods!!!!!!
iichel

Post by iichel »

Slightly forgotten about. Ciclos car thread turned into the polo 6r slowchat :mrgreen:
iichel

Post by iichel »

:mrgreen: :oops: :roll: :lol: :lol: