Post by FFA76 »

Nog gefeliciteerd! (in Dutch)
Jasper_05
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.4 Highline

Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Bluemotion --> OEM++ R-Line conversion

Post by Jasper_05 »

A late happy birthday mate!
(I didn't notice it on Facebook 'cause my account is temporarily disabled :oops: )
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Rosa Line Bluemotion

Post by cheba »

iichel wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:39 amNew mod: OEM stone protection for the rear shocks and coils

Parts:
6R0511533A Left
6R0511534A Right
Costs were about 6 euros a piece
I remember seeing these on the ETKA image for the rear suspension a long time ago, it caught my interest but there was no part number listed for them. Just like air guides for the front brakes.

I don't doubt that they prevent direct hits on the springs and dampers, but I would imagine stone and debris bouncing off the underside of the car and ending up inside the stone chip guards. Have you checked if there is any buildup inside?

I'm also wondering how well they work with snow in the winter.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I'll have a look to see if there is any stones or money collecting in there.
cheba
Silver Member

Post by cheba »

If they collect money, I'm installing those on my rear suspension too! And the front suspension, and the rear mirrors, and the door handles, and...
iichel

Post by iichel »

No stones, no money :(
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

🤣 ok that’s funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cheba
Silver Member

Post by cheba »

Since I will hopefully be installing a Bluetooth module in my Polo, where did you install your module? I guess that in the Polo there's no space under the passenger seat for the foam piece that is used in other models. Also on photos of Bluetooth modules originating from a 6R, they have 2 strips of velcro on the underside so I assume they were just stuck to the floor without a holder. Or did you find space for the module in a different location?
iichel

Post by iichel »

I put mine beneath the passenger seat as well, with some self-adhesive velcro.
Jasper_05
New

Post by Jasper_05 »

cheba wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:53 pm Since I will hopefully be installing a Bluetooth module in my Polo, where did you install your module? I guess that in the Polo there's no space under the passenger seat for the foam piece that is used in other models. Also on photos of Bluetooth modules originating from a 6R, they have 2 strips of velcro on the underside so I assume they were just stuck to the floor without a holder. Or did you find space for the module in a different location?
I installed a bluetooth module recently as well and I was unable to place it under the passenger seat because of the drawers located under the (highline, sport) seats.
I tried to place the module behind the radio, but didn't suit. Tried it upon the glovebox, didn't suit as well... so I then placed it above the footwell light of the passenger and attached it with 2 tie wraps. Think this was my best bet. Luckily, it's easy now to disconnect the wire haha. I can send you some pictures if you want.
cheba
Silver Member

Post by cheba »

iichel wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 pm I put mine beneath the passenger seat as well, with some self-adhesive velcro.
As I guessed then. Did you route the wiring harness beneath the sill trim?
Jasper_05 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:14 pm I installed a bluetooth module recently as well and I was unable to place it under the passenger seat because of the drawers located under the (highline, sport) seats.
I tried to place the module behind the radio, but didn't suit. Tried it upon the glovebox, didn't suit as well... so I then placed it above the footwell light of the passenger and attached it with 2 tie wraps. Think this was my best bet. Luckily, it's easy now to disconnect the wire haha. I can send you some pictures if you want.
Sure, I'd love to see some pics. It's always good to see different people's solution, even though I'm leaning towards fitting mine under the seat (in order to keep it as "OEM style" as possible).
iichel

Post by iichel »

Yep, routed the harness in the door sill trim
Jasper_05
New

Post by Jasper_05 »

cheba wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:22 pm Sure, I'd love to see some pics. It's always good to see different people's solution, even though I'm leaning towards fitting mine under the seat (in order to keep it as "OEM style" as possible).
Sure, wanted to do it the OEM way too but not possible unfortunately as said before. But here are some pictures of my bluetooth module:
A6C2B38F-9B34-4158-948D-419D3E10AF04.jpeg
0B7C79C7-4474-4E72-9E42-DECC8D0D06C1.jpeg
35CB74D6-29C3-4FD2-AB86-9992DB12B73A.jpeg
ORiOn
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo BlueGT / Audi S5

Post by ORiOn »

Mine is behind the climatronic! :mrgreen:
You just have to cut the fixing holes and it only fits with climatronic, not the manual one.
cheba
Silver Member

Post by cheba »

Jasper_05 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:22 am Sure, wanted to do it the OEM way too but not possible unfortunately as said before. But here are some pictures of my bluetooth module:
I thought it was possible to install the module on the floor under the seat (without the foam of course) even with the sports seats. This I've seen a couple of modules listed that come from Polo GTI (which has sports seats), and they have velcro strips on the back which suggests that they were installed on the floor.
iichel wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:40 pm Yep, routed the harness in the door sill trim
Do you know what length of harness is needed for this? I see there are 1.5m and 2.5m length available.