Re: iichels Polo 6R 1.2TDI Rosa Line Bluemotion

Post by iichel »

I sent you an email 8)
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

So I've been playing around a bit with VCP and first off all, hats off to firegrafik for his assistance.

What I did:
- Obtain VCDS autoscan, VCDS adaptation maps and VCP BCM map from a VW Beetle with kessy, BCM 7E0 937 090B
- Obtain BCM from VW beetle without kessy, 7E0 937 090B and extract coding and BCM map with VCP
- Obtain VCP adaptation maps from several VW T6 LED and non-LED BCMs.

So the first challenge was to make the beetle BCM work with LED headlights.
I simply wrote the BCM map from the T6 LED to the beetle BCM and transferred my coding. This made the LED headlights work fully.
However, the warning light in the instrument cluster did not extinguish. The warning was for the two low beam lights and high beam lights.
That was a shame. But all lights do work. The warning light was not disappearing with different codings for the BCM.

The next step was to write the kessy parameter file to the beetle BCM.
This also was not a success; the ELV still does not lock the steering column and T73a/55 is not active.
Other than that, the kessy is working as before.

All in all, the progress with the new parameter files is not great, but with the help of firegrafik, we did identify some BCM parameters associated with kessy and LED headlights.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

I guess we'll see how this movie ends. :lol:

This needs some screenshots for a better understanding, not for me, I mean for the rest of users.
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Post by benzinkopf »

My first attempt! Hope u like it. But give me a bit more time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
iichel

Post by iichel »

ImageImageImage

exactly as I imagined, but better
benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

Cool. Now need to confirm again the available area there (since you already have the 12V socket up there)

For the frame, I’m looking at 68x35 mm size, and the rectangle hole you need to make is 60x27.5 mm. appreciate if you can check n measure if the above frame dimension will fit nicely there.

iichel

Post by iichel »

So I'm not 100% sure what size you took for the buttons.
Mine come in at 22mm. The width is perfectly fine, as you probably guessed. Plenty of space there.

I have 2 mm left at the bottom now, before I run into the plastic of inwards curling edge of the mounting.
At the top I have about 3 mm left before touching the 12V socket. Moving the socket upward is possible but only by a mm or two.

The 38mm height is going to be tricky, if you could reduce it by a mm or so, I guess it would be fine.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Wow, good job! 8)
Games Goblin
New
Drives: 6R/60 "IND" - '15 TSI 1.2 CBZB DSG

Post by Games Goblin »

iichel wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:02 am in follow up to the previous post, why the hell would crazy iichel remove CC from the stalks?
simple, move buttons the the MF steering wheel:

I'll write a lot more info later, I didn't do this by myself, not by any means and it's a bit more complicated as you'd expect.
Congrats on this mod :)

Hope to hear more info about this soon.
iichel

Post by iichel »

Haven't done much of the difficult stuff by myself.
I'm cheating a bit in the way that it's not fully OEM.

Normally the LIN bus wire from the MF steering wheel module goes to the BCM.
In my car the LIN wire goes to an external controller made by two very clever guys from Poland.
The external controller translates the LIN signals into CAN signals and seperate CC signals. The CC signals connect to the normal CC wires that go to the stalk.
The other signals for the radio, MFA+ and telephone are transmitted to the CAN network.

Currently, the FW of the external module is not working perfectly, the signals for the MFA+ are not transmitted correctly.
So you can either have CC via MFS or you can have MFA+.
At this point in time, I have chosen to have MFA+ and not CC by MFS.
Unfortunately I'm not very good at developing this FW for the external module, and I'm dependent on the guys that made it.

I have been informed that it's going to be an uncertain and complicated process and might not be completed at all.
Even though it would be a shame not to finish this process, I have full understanding for the time consuming challenges that come with it.
iichel

Post by iichel »

I planned to come, showing off the finishing touch to the OEM Rear Seat Heating.
But that didn't work out, unfortunately. Yet. So, more to come later.

So I got 99 problems, but the Polo aint one. But it is.
The power steering broke down (00566 and 01288 DTC), very likely the pump has passed away.
So me being me, I'll try to retrofit the electromechanical power steering from the Polo 6C. Just because I can.

And since I came to show something 3D printed from a great friend from Malaysia, benzinkopf, I'll do so:

benzinkopf
Gold Member

Post by benzinkopf »

iichel wrote:I planned to come, showing off the finishing touch to the OEM Rear Seat Heating.
But that didn't work out, unfortunately. Yet. So, more to come later.

So I got 99 problems, but the Polo aint one. But it is.
The power steering broke down (00566 and 01288 DTC), very likely the pump has passed away.
So me being me, I'll try to retrofit the electromechanical power steering from the Polo 6C. Just because I can.

And since I came to show something 3D printed from a great friend from Malaysia, benzinkopf, I'll do so:

It’s not great until it’s great! So wait for it! [emoji23]
Btw. Speaking of the power steering: Is there any improvement to the system from 6C part? Do you think it’s possible to get rid of ‘mechanical’ power steering? I understand that the newer polo sedan / malaysia and India factories (perhaps Russian version too) are all using electrical power steering type, means no more hydraulic fluid. Not sure bout the compatibility on the EU 6R but I like the idea of getting rid the mechanical hydraulic fluid.

iichel

Post by iichel »

I honestly don't know if it's possible to switch from electrohydraulic to electromechanical.
I think it should be possible, but that of course doesn't offer any guarantees.

I'm not sure there's a real advantage. The electrohydraulic system isn't bad to be fair.
Except mine broke down. It would have been nice, if the electromechanical could do cool stuff like PLA but that won't be happening.

I drove a few Polo 6C's over the years and I liked the steering, it felt very direct.
Maybe it was just the car being 200.000km newer than mine or maybe it was the power steering; difficult to say.
A steering column is on its way and if that works, the steering rack (the part between the wheel hubs) will need to be replaced as well.
iichel

Post by iichel »

The VW Polo has a FF layout, meaning it has a heavy weight bias towards the front, with the heavy engine, gearbox, running gear and a fat bloke at the front.
The weight distribution is somewhere in the neighbourhood of 70/30, meaning a light rear end at high speed an very bad cornering.

It's a never ending search, the pursuit of rear downforce and improving the efficiency of the rear diffuser through the Venturi effect and the enhancement of the Coand effect through attaching the boundary layer throughout its path under the car. This will add to the ability of the R-Line diffuser to extract and expand more air, improving the pressure on the rear wheels and improving handling massively.

Now this is all complete s**t, at least the second paragraph. The Polo is not an F1 car and the diffuser does absolutely nothing in terms of downforce or underbody aerodynamics.
The simple truth is, my city block is turning into a construction site and hearing stones bounce off the car makes me sad and painful. So, there was need of a solution:

New mod: OEM stone protection for the rear shocks and coils

Parts:
6R0511533A Left
6R0511534A Right
Costs were about 6 euros a piece

Installation:
Simply push in place with moderate application of hammering fists.

ag69
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2TSi 77Kw 7DSG

Post by ag69 »

great!!!
nice to see so many parts options available as well as some of us trying it.