Is a polo blue gt worth the price tag attached to it?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
craney89
New
Drives: blue gt

Is a polo blue gt worth the price tag attached to it?

Post by craney89 »

Hi,
I've just been to look at at a 2015 polo blue gt 150 ps ACT.
It is white, 5dr, has the panoramic sunroof, folding door mirrors, anthracite wheels, front and rear parking sensors, alcantara seats, sat nav, adaptive cruise and city braking, multifunction steering wheel, bi-xenon lights with LED daytime running light, light and sight pack and heated seats.
It's up for £23,164. Is a polo worth this?
What would you do? I do really like the car and it looks nice.
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: Is a polo blue gt worth the price tag attached to it?

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

I can only answer yes sincei bought one. It's a really nice quick car with loads of options as standard.
TheFrog
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Blue GT

Post by TheFrog »

In a word, yes. I have owned 30 cars in my lifetime and the Polo BGT is easily in the top 3. Yes, it's expensive for a 'little car', but it really is very nice. I prefer it, for example, to the Mk6 Golf GTI I had a few years ago and it's as nice to own as the BMW 330d, which was up until now the favourite car of all I have had.

As long as you don't have a huge family to cart around, the Polo BGT is almost the perfect car: fast, economical, comfortable, safe, very well built, good looking... I have practically the same config' as you mention and don't regret a thing. Just remember the panoramic sunroof is anything but panoramic - it's an old letterbox shape opening disguised under a huge piece of black glass to make it look good.

FYI, including discounts, etc. I paid just under £16000 for mine at current exchange rates.

Get one! :)

craney89
New

Post by craney89 »

Thanks guys, I do really like the car and it is really nice to drive. After dealer discount I can get it for £21,000. How did you get yours for under £16,000? Was it new?
I currently have a 3rd polo 1.2 tsi which doesn't have many options on it so this car really does look and feel like a lovely car.
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

The only regret I have with this car is trusting the claimed economy. I honestly do not belive anything approaching 60mpg is possible. According to road trip I get about 41mpg with mixed Eco and fast driving.
Ricmondo
Gold Member
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by Ricmondo »

Mine is DSG equipped, I'm getting around 50 mpg in town and 60/65 mpg on a run.
markc123
Getting There!
Drives: 2014 Blue GT

Post by markc123 »

Seems a steep price that. We got over £3k off the list price, on a car with far fewer options. They do take a while if you do a factory order, so they might be adding a premium for stock.

I like mine,-3dr DSG with alacantara, fairly nippy and does 50ish to the gallon if you drive sensibly.
craney89
New

Post by craney89 »

i did try to order one with my own options and didn't have as much on as this one and I could of got it for £18,500 but 5dr polo's are currently taking 6 months to come out of the factory. This was confirmed by a couple of different vw dealers and this is to long for us to wait.
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Post by rsmagee »

Ha, seems I need to adapt my driving style. Still granny driving a so called warm hatch seems a bit silly when its marketed as a fast and efficient car!
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

craney89 wrote:How did you get yours for under £16,000? Was it new?
Brits get lousy deals on new cars at the moment, because the UK economy is strong. Here in France we're still in the depths of the recession, so dealers have to give massive discounts to entice people. Plus, as a business owner I am entitled to the extra discount offered by VAG France. But, yes, my car was brand new - ordered mid-November, delivered at the beginning of this month. I actually paid €22,000, but at today's bonkers exchange rate, that works out at under £16K :oops:

I agree about the optimistic fuel consumption figures, though. 45mpg is a realistic average, if you want to enjoy it without being stupid.
JohnNW
Getting There!

Post by JohnNW »

rsmagee wrote:Ha, seems I need to adapt my driving style. Still granny driving a so called warm hatch seems a bit silly when its marketed as a fast and efficient car!
Agreed!!
TheFrog
Silver Member

Post by TheFrog »

IMHO, if fuel economy is your main preoccupation, you should be looking at another version of the Polo like the 1.2 TSI. No point in splashing out on a top of the range car if you're into saving money :wink:
CrypticG
Silver Member
Drives: 1.2 TSI SEL (6C)

Post by CrypticG »

craney89 wrote:Thanks guys, I do really like the car and it is really nice to drive. After dealer discount I can get it for £21,000. How did you get yours for under £16,000? Was it new?
I currently have a 3rd polo 1.2 tsi which doesn't have many options on it so this car really does look and feel like a lovely car.
try a broker, thats how i bought mine - drive the deal, i would 100% recommend it and i will answer any questions you have..

others are orange wheels, ukcarbroker and then there is carwow..
markc123
Getting There!
Drives: 2014 Blue GT

Post by markc123 »

TheFrog wrote:IMHO, if fuel economy is your main preoccupation, you should be looking at another version of the Polo like the 1.2 TSI. No point in splashing out on a top of the range car if you're into saving money :wink:
I find I'm driving mine the less interesting, but more efficient way to work, and driving much slower. I probably should have got the 1.6d golf :D . I'm still saving a huge amount of money though - my old BM did 30 ish mpg if you were nice and about 28 if you were not - the polo does 50 and 32 on the same roads, so suddenly its quite a difference on the commute to indulge.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I'd say yes. It's expensive for a little car but you don't see many of them, I'm getting 54-57mpg on my journeys to/from work (in these cold temperatures with winter fuel too!) and it's quite nippy. It's easily the best car i've owned.

To put into context I got a Golf GTD with all the modcons whilst mine was in the garage. The BlueGT is a better car than the Golf GTD (in my opinion). It was more comfortable, sounds better, feels faster and was more economical!