Polo 6r GTI problems

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Sharna14
New
Drives: Polo 6R GTI

Polo 6r GTI problems

Post by Sharna14 »

Hi all,

Problem seems to be, when i accelerate sometimes its normal the car goes, sometimes (most times) it barely goes at all, now i hear the supercharger trying but still the car doesnt seem to pick up speed & its a problem pulling off as when i do & it decides not to work im stuck going slowly & have to put it in to sport mode to get some power. Also it randomly shoots off when under little acceleration.

So i booked my 60 plate polo gti in for a gearbox service because after some research a gearbox service looked like it was the fix for my problem.
Until the guy phoned me and said that my year has a 7 speed gearbox which it has, and he says mine is a dry clutch not like the 6 speed wet clutch, and doesnt need to be changed at 40,000 mile intervals. He said he can still change it, but not much point and may not fix the problem.

So im stuck, hes told me to go to VW and check for updates on the gearbox which i will, but its not under warranty so unsure if they will do anything for me.

Anybody had a problem like this before or any advice for me? :)
Last edited by Sharna14 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tt509
Gold Member

Re: 60 Polo 6r GTI problems

Post by tt509 »

RJW2012
New
Drives: Polo 9R GTI

Re: Polo 6r GTI problems

Post by RJW2012 »

Yeah, good link and there was a recall as far as I'm aware - a newer version of the DSG software. Mines a 2011 although I'm pretty sure it wasn't required on mine. It came from VW so they may have done it.

Hope it's not too costly anyway!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk