Polo started making a strange noise after turnover.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
wolfie
Gold Member
Drives: 6R1-1.2 TSI (2011, CBZB, 77Kw, 35Kmiles)

Re: Polo started making a strange noise after turnover.

Post by wolfie »

RUM4MO wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:09 am I normally agree about only buying VW branded oil filters, buy it seems that with my Audi S4, the VW Group branded filter is a MANN XYZz so I just buy a genuine same MANN filter in a MANN box instead of a VW Group box.

With the 6C Polo with the 1.2TSI 16V engine, it is again MANN that gets fitted by the dealer, a grey painted filter can with the MANN part numbers written on it, so I have bought the same grey painted filter with the same MANN part numbers on it but in a MANN box instead of a VW Group box.
That car came from the factory with a black painted filter can which means that it was a Mahle version, so it looks like either VW Group have changed their supplier or engine plant uses Mahle and dealership parts department only ever receive MANN versions?
I agree with all of that. All I would say is that if you are unsure of the correct equivalent and don't have the time of inclination to identify the correct replacement, it's just easier to pick up a genuine filter.

My Polo came with VW/Mahle, black filter initially but there was an update circa 2013 iirc, to do with the non-return valve and now I get the grey MANN.