Radio stuck on Welcome screen

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Doc_House
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 VW Polo SE and 1972 GT Beetle

Radio stuck on Welcome screen

Post by Doc_House »

Radio frozen on welcome screen tried to reset but it's not having it... any other ideas so far have tried switching off and leaving for 5 mins and removing radio fuse.

Spoken to VW and waiting for their response.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Radio stuck on Welcome screen

Post by alexperkins »

Done battery off for 5 mins? If that doesnt work sounds like you have crashed firmware.
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 1.4 TDI SEL (6C)

Post by jammydodger »

There is definitely a software update for this as I was having this issue but it seemed to have seized once VW had updated it. Confirmed by checking the software version before and after I took it in.

To resolve this issue however press and hold the power button on the headunit until the display turns off and back on with the Welcome splash screen and then let go. :)
madjam6rc
New
Drives: 6RC (1.0 SE, 2014)

Post by madjam6rc »

Just had this same problem after a software update. Thanks for tip on how to resolve it.
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

AFTER a software update, brilliant - complete lack of software testing going on there by VW, ie if it works just push it out!

Edit:- sounds a bit like the latest IOS update from Apple, it has now got my very old Apple ID listed on the phone instead of my new one, Apple accept it and it is a listed problem for some people which should be resolved by the next update!