Battery Terminal Covers

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gti-joe
Silver Member
Drives: 6c Polo Blue GT

Re: Battery Terminal Covers

Post by gti-joe »

Had a quick look under the bonnet today after reading this only to discover my battery terminals both have covers. Bonus :D .
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Oh, I could say "not fair" but maybe I should say, " these naughty South Africans" ! Is your car a STOP/START version, I ask only because I looked up the parts listing for my car (no VW official one) and it showed nothing on the +ve terminal.

Edit:- gti-joe, I suppose the STOP/START question should be irrelevant in your case!
Last edited by RUM4MO on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Ricmondo wrote:Not my logic it's a matter of legislative fact, do I think it makes sense, that's quite another matter! Don't even think about an electric Golf, the stuff of nightmares perhaps.
You may think that being a Marina meant that no thief would look at it but it had some very wide Minilite wheels and a very tasty motor from a Ford GT40. I used to lust after that sort of thing but we OAPs are supposed to have more sensible things on our minds (some hopes!).
Yes electric cars do seem to be something that could cause a rethink about some things.

The old, quick disconnector on the terminals, yes that was thought to be the way forward on the nicking cars front back then.

First car I had was an exGPO Ford Anglia 1200 van, it had rubbish seats so I fitted Paddy Hopkirk "Rally" seat covers, looked and felt the part as well as covering up the seats. Wife to be at that time used it to go to work so it was parked on a quiet back street in Edinburgh, some scum broke in (not hard with old locks) - and nicked the seat covers - I was a bit annoyed, but they were obviously smart people as they left the rubbish part - ie the van!
RUM4MO

Post by RUM4MO »

Well I have now got and fitted the cover for the +VE terminal of the battery p/n 8K0915429C Cap £6.94.

It does the job I expected it would, okay as it was intended for use on an ordinary wet cell battery with a "slim" top surface and the gel mat batteries seem to have a "thick" top surface - forget that and it fits okay especially when you consider the -VE terminal cover (on wife's car at least) does not have a "hold down" clip. I just added the last part of the previous sentence just in case someone orders in one and finds it does not "clip down" - though it fits/works/looks okay. (missing manual locking point covers for front doors and calliper return springs on order)