HELP!! Problem with VW Bluetooth Handsfree Kit - TPK Music

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Bobjoprice
New
Drives: VW Polo Mk5

Re: HELP!! Problem with VW Bluetooth Handsfree Kit - TPK Music

Post by Bobjoprice »

Hi,
To all those struggling with recovery of the Mk5 Polo TPK Music system, here are a few lessons learnt:

Downloading the recovery file to a mac doesn't seem to work. I eventually managed to find an old windows XP machine and downloaded the recovery file (zipped) onto it. I then moved the file across to a USB flash drive and unzipped it. This did the trick and the recovery worked.

The following is a link to the recovery file used:
http://www.volkswagen-accessories.com/e ... music.html

This is the part number for the Genuine a Touch Phone Kit Music Audio cable: 000 051 905. Ordered off eBay via partsdepot_uk.

The Sikes Pickavant auto trim removal tool works well and the link to the video for how to remove the trim is here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Ljy7rfF6A

You will also need a T20 torx screwdriver.

Best of luck with this. It can be done!
Rob
Aidenc53
New
Drives: 2012 POLO match Mk5

Post by Aidenc53 »

Hi Everyone

Not sure if any of you are still on here but i have the same problem with the TPK music software update. i have downloaded the software and got it on the pendrive however the cable seems impossible to find, after contacting Volkswagen they have told me that they no longer sell them and bury said the only thing i can do is send it to them in Germany for them to fix it. i am booked into the Volkswagen in 1 hour to see if they can fix it. If I have no luck at the dealership does anyone on here have the cable that i could possibly buy or anywhere that i might be able to find one?

Thanks

Aiden
tony 2017
New
Drives: 2011

Post by tony 2017 »

Hi Aiden

Did you manage to get this fixed with VW? I have exactly the same issue and can’t find the cable.

Thanks
Tony
Aidenc53
New
Drives: 2012 POLO match Mk5

Post by Aidenc53 »

Hi Tony.

I did manage to get it sorted. I took it to VW and explained that I had this problem and that I knew how to fix it but couldn't find the cable anywhere. They said that it would cost £45 to fix it. I then explained that I had a usb stick in the car with the software ready to go and asked if I could borrow Thier cable. They let me borrow it and I fixed it myself in the car park. They did say that they had trouble finding a cable so I don't think every vw dealership would have one. It's worth trying at your local dealership though

Aiden
h11tsr
New
Drives: 1.4 Match

Post by h11tsr »

Thanks for the instructions and links. I downloaded the software onto a USB stick - unzipped all the files.

My Polo has a cable installed in the glove compartment and it is for USB so suspect that it is for the TPK?
So connect the USB stick to this, switch on ignition but do not start and then click the TPK device into the cradle.

The error message is displayed. The USB drive flashes, but nothing happens - no indication of any upgrade.

I noted from the instructions that the behind the message the menu is displayed. I don't have that - all I think is behind my message is the VW logo.

Any ideas?

Is the glove box cable for the TPK?
Is there a way to reboot the TPK?

Regards and thanks
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

The glovebox cable will be the MDI cable

The USB for the TPK isn’t included with the car
Kiiefa
New
Drives: VW Polo 2012

Post by Kiiefa »

Guys,

I've got the update firmware and have unzipped onto a memory stick, but still no luck, doesn't even look like the memory stick is being picked up.

Did anyone have to do anything special, IE, factory reset the memory stick on a specific format?

Any help is appreciated, selling my car in next week and want it fixed APAP if possisble :-)
vwing
New
Drives: Crosspolo

Post by vwing »

Hello Friends

Anyone have and can sell his VW Touch Cable 000051905 ? It is discontinued and I need it to config the BT kit... I can return it after config if you want.

Thnx
cisilviu
New
Drives: Cross

Post by cisilviu »

Hi to all, can somebody make a picture with the 10 pin connector from the cable? Just to see how the wiring is in connector? This cable is not available for buying and I want to create one.
Thank You
vwing
New
Drives: Crosspolo

Post by vwing »

cisilviu wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 10:25 am Hi to all, can somebody make a picture with the 10 pin connector from the cable? Just to see how the wiring is in connector? This cable is not available for buying and I want to create one.
Thank You
Yes, I also think about connect the 4 USB wires to the pins to make the USB Update work, but I can't find the wiring diagram. Anyone know which pins mach the USB wires?

Thnx
Hamad
New

Post by Hamad »

Could anybody possibly sell me their cable or help me with getting the cable please? Thanks
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

There is the whole kit for sale on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-VW-T ... :rk:2:pf:0
Broonie190487
New
Drives: Golf

Post by Broonie190487 »

Bobjoprice wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:02 pm Hi,
To all those struggling with recovery of the Mk5 Polo TPK Music system, here are a few lessons learnt:

Downloading the recovery file to a mac doesn't seem to work. I eventually managed to find an old windows XP machine and downloaded the recovery file (zipped) onto it. I then moved the file across to a USB flash drive and unzipped it. This did the trick and the recovery worked.

The following is a link to the recovery file used:
http://www.volkswagen-accessories.com/e ... music.html

This is the part number for the Genuine a Touch Phone Kit Music Audio cable: 000 051 905. Ordered off eBay via partsdepot_uk.

The Sikes Pickavant auto trim removal tool works well and the link to the video for how to remove the trim is here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Ljy7rfF6A

You will also need a T20 torx screwdriver.

Best of luck with this. It can be done!
Rob
Hi

Do you still have the cable that I could buy or borrow off you and return, happy to pay postage both ways etc or any other deal.

Thank you
Broonie190487
New
Drives: Golf

Post by Broonie190487 »

Hi,

Does anyone have a cable I could borrow please since you cannot buy them anymore?

Thanks
MilesCook
New
Drives: 2013

Post by MilesCook »

Hi guys,

I'm having trouble locating the cable required to connect a USB to the TPK.
I have looked on EBay, Amazon, parts websites etc. and have found the adaptor cable but it's never in stock on any of these sites.

If anyone could help me locate a cable that would be greatly appreciated. (The cable is called Volkswagen 000051905B)