HELP!! Problem with VW Bluetooth Handsfree Kit - TPK Music

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
sratcliffe
New
Drives: 2013 Polo Match

Re: HELP!! Problem with VW Bluetooth Handsfree Kit - TPK Music

Post by sratcliffe »

Hi - I'm not sure if you managed to sort this issue but I have the same issue and have managed to track down the cable (I had it posted down from Inverness to Leeds), once I've updated mine I could post this out to you but I'm having trouble updating the TPK, I have the unzipped TPK file on a USB but when I plug this in it says it cannot find the file to update the system. Any ideas? Thanks Sophie
myc010
New
Drives: Mk5 Polo

Post by myc010 »

sratcliffe wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 pm Hi - I'm not sure if you managed to sort this issue but I have the same issue and have managed to track down the cable (I had it posted down from Inverness to Leeds), once I've updated mine I could post this out to you but I'm having trouble updating the TPK, I have the unzipped TPK file on a USB but when I plug this in it says it cannot find the file to update the system. Any ideas? Thanks Sophie
Could I please borrow this cable from you?

I'm sure you've sorted it now but if you haven't here is the instructions on how to do it

http://hotline.bury.com/Updates/VW/VW%2 ... k%20A3.pdf

And here's the software you need to load onto the usb (I think)

https://www.bury.com/consumer/fileadmin ... _small.zip
Sweet
New
Drives: Match

Post by Sweet »

Any idea where to get the cable from? Thank you for the links you have sent 😁
melvin94
New
Drives: Polo

Post by melvin94 »

Thanks for all the posts here, I've just come across this thread because my TPK music device has hit this problem.

Looks like there is some trouble getting hold of the USB cable though. Are there any good places worth trying in 2019? I'm waiting to hear back from my local VW dearer parts department but I don't hold much hope.

Cheers
simonh18
New
Drives: Polo Match

Post by simonh18 »

Hello,

I have been reading this thread as this message has just appeared on my Polo TPK screen. Thanks to your help I have been able to download the files required to recover the device, but just need the cable. Can anyone help me out to either buy or borrow to resolve the issue.
chris.caughey
New

Post by chris.caughey »

Hi there
I am in exactly the same position as of 15th Nov 19.
I have an error message on a 2012 Polo TPK "please insert USB pendrive containing the recovery file to install the main system". I have located the control unit behind the radio but need to get the referenced cable to be able to upload the recovery file. Please help :?
lstaelens
New
Drives: VW Beetle

Post by lstaelens »

Hello all,

I finally managed to get the update cable.
I've downloaded the software but in some way, it's not recognized y the device? Maybe not the correct software?
Can someone send me the correct download link? How to get it on the USB-device? Specific folder name to be used?
Afterwards, I'm willing to send the cable to others to update their device ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Lennert
MichaelGarrucho
New

Post by MichaelGarrucho »

Hi everyone, I have a 2014 polo and have the same problem. The screen is saying that i need to reinstall the software. Please can anyone help me find a cable to use, the file for this update and where to locate the control box. Thank you very much. I have search ebay for the cable but there seem to be none being sold. If any one of you have one I can buy it off you if that's ok. Thank you and I'll be waiting. By the way my system is CC9060.
chris.caughey
New

Post by chris.caughey »

Hi all
Due to not being able to source the update cable, I found a guy who offers the update as a service for £26. Send him the control unit and screen and he will update and return in about 48hrs. Very quick service.
Find him on eBay "REPAIR SERVICE VW BLUETOOTH TOUCH MUSIC PHONE KIT 000 051 473 C"
Hope this helps!
horgio
New

Post by horgio »

I'm selling a 000 051 905 cable on Ebay if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133265735107

Used it to fix the issue on my Son's Polo, which he no longer owns.
melvin94
New

Post by melvin94 »

sratcliffe wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 pm Hi - I'm not sure if you managed to sort this issue but I have the same issue and have managed to track down the cable (I had it posted down from Inverness to Leeds), once I've updated mine I could post this out to you but I'm having trouble updating the TPK, I have the unzipped TPK file on a USB but when I plug this in it says it cannot find the file to update the system. Any ideas? Thanks Sophie
Hi do you still have this cable?
myc010 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:13 pm
Could I please borrow this cable from you?

I'm sure you've sorted it now but if you haven't here is the instructions on how to do it

http://hotline.bury.com/Updates/VW/VW%2 ... k%20A3.pdf

And here's the software you need to load onto the usb (I think)

https://www.bury.com/consumer/fileadmin ... _small.zip
Did you manage to get hold of the cable?
horgio
New

Post by horgio »

horgio wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 pm I'm selling a 000 051 905 cable on Ebay if anyone is interested:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133265735107

Used it to fix the issue on my Son's Polo, which he no longer owns.
My cable has now been sold
sec137
New
Drives: POLO

Post by sec137 »

hi im not sure if anyone can help, ive a TPK fitted on my 2014 1.2 polo, the console has been stolen out of the car, do I need a specific replacement or will any one work ?

Many Thanks
DeanFlanagan
New

Post by DeanFlanagan »

lstaelens wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:41 am Hello all,

I finally managed to get the update cable.
I've downloaded the software but in some way, it's not recognized y the device? Maybe not the correct software?
Can someone send me the correct download link? How to get it on the USB-device? Specific folder name to be used?
Afterwards, I'm willing to send the cable to others to update their device ;-)

Thanks in advance,

Lennert
Hi Lennert would you still ha e the cable cannot get one online at all
davidof123
New

Post by davidof123 »

Does anyone have the cable or know where I could get hold of one please?