Poor quality audio from TPK Bluetooth system

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
beauchampboiler
New
Drives: 6R 1.4 16v

Post by beauchampboiler »

Hello!

First of all, I realise that this should probably be posted in the ICE section but, as it didn't seem very active, I thought I'd have a better chance of a response here. Mods please move if necessary.

We have a 6R 1.4 Polo in Match trim fitted with the TPK Bluetooth system (the small touchscreen mounted on the windscreen that connects with the radio). This works fine for telephone calls but I recently tried to stream music from Spotify (at 'Extreme' quality) on an LG G3 and the quality was shocking. The volume was low and the quality poor with high levels of noise, no bass and monophonic sound. I read on another thread (http://www.uk-polos.net/view ... 56&t=60006) that VW omit to fit an lead from the TPK to the radio which would improve the quality. Presumably, the TPK is sending the music down the telephone lead instead. This is shocking if true; why would VW fail to properly install a factory fitted feature like this, especially when it seems so simple to do?

Could someone please confirm that the information in the other thread was correct and if so, tell me simplest way of getting Bluetooth music working properly. Also, as a a temporary fix, would be possible to control the music (play/skip etc.) from the TPK unit but use a normal AUX lead from the phone to the stereo for the music itself as I don't currently have a hands free kit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Hi I'm the other threads creator.

What I found was that the kit is only supposed to be used for phone calls, although it does have the capability to play proper stereo music. VW couldn't help me because when they fitted that other cable, the Bluetooth kit started to work, but the aux port didn't.

The solution is as simple as they come. Buy a 3.5mm Male to Male AUX cable off eBay, put one end in the Bluetooth module that should be behind the radio somewhere, and the other end into the aux port.

Hope you can see what I've done there ;)
beauchampboiler
New
Drives: 6R 1.4 16v

Re: Poor quality audio from TPK Bluetooth system

Post by beauchampboiler »

Thank you very much for your response. Looks like it's a fairly easy fix :).
Grizwald
New
Drives: 6r 1.2 Match Black 3 door.

Post by Grizwald »

Fitted this mod today and it works beautifully, thanks for the info.
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

No problem.
hassanulhassan
New
Drives: 1.6 diesel tdi sport red

Post by hassanulhassan »

Hi. I hot no aux fitted in tdi sport 1.6 diesel?
How can i fix it.
I hear phone call audio very very low and no audio for music at all.
It does connect fine tho.
Pls help
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

I'm not too sure what your asking?
JBrenno96
New
Drives: 6r

Post by JBrenno96 »

Does the tpk module definitely have this port behind the stereo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

Yes there is a control unit for the Bluetooth somewhere behind the stereo. The port is in that
Rose995
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 Match w/bluetooth

Post by Rose995 »

Ive just purchased a 62 reg Polo 1.2 Match. It had the TPK_MUSIC system already installed, and I've been stuck on the same problem as you, thinking I had been sold a rubbish novelty under false pretences so this thread has been a God send! Thank you for your simple reply Wilxay!
I hope you don't mind me asking another question, just as this thread seems to be quite active. I'm just wondering how you connect the kit to read/send messages? I have the option on mine so I don't think the actual TPK needs an update, however I can't click on these features and the kit certainly doesn't accept them, yet recognises that i have a message on my phone on the home screen of the TPK. Ive read that they are not compatible with iPhones and I'm really hoping this isn't the case! This is my last port of call before I try a VW dealer. Thank you!
OC123
New
Drives: 1.2 Match TSI

Post by OC123 »

Hi,

Thanks for the tips! I have wired in a 3.5mm Aux to the Bluetooth module and Aux input on the car as you have done!

However when I turn the system on, the audio is as before (displays the word phone on the screen, poor quality audio). Was this the case for you? Did you need to amend any settings to redirect the sound through the Aux cable?

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Danb44
New
Drives: POLO R-Line 1.2 TSI

Post by Danb44 »

I have the touch phone kit and the rcd310 with touch phone kit, I have tried to put an aux in the AUX OUT on the Bluetooth module and connecting it to the car aux input nothing happens, I have also the bought the lead with one side aux and the other with 3 wires (red black and and white as shown) but no idea where to wire these up to, if anyone could show me just how to do it would be perfect as it's really getting on my nerves.
Danb44
New
Drives: POLO R-Line 1.2 TSI

Post by Danb44 »

No idea how to upload photos without linking
Wilxay
Silver Member

Post by Wilxay »

You may need to check the settings on the TPK screen so that the audio for music is routed through AUX and not MONO channels.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

@danB

Post your photos on img.ur and paste the links into here. We'll do our best to help.