Polo LED headlights

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Polo4658
New
Drives: 1.2 tsi 6c

Re: Polo LED headlights

Post by Polo4658 »

iceman86 wrote:Hi guys!
Has anyone managed to do the retrofit for 6C? I am running halogen lamps and bought the OEM LED lights but can't manage to do the coding...they turn on but after few seconds go off...I even upgraded to the latest bcm version 6C0907089C but still no change. Could anyone give a hint?
Thanks
Is it working now ? Have u found a way out mate ?did u change any wiring harness ..what all u got to retrofit!
iceman86
New
Drives: 6C 1.2 TSI DSG

Post by iceman86 »

Hi. I haven't managed yet to do the coding. There is no one who could help me around here and don't really know what else to do...in case you find some infos about the coding, pls let me know!
Thanks
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

iceman86 wrote:Hi. I haven't managed yet to do the coding. There is no one who could help me around here and don't really know what else to do...in case you find some infos about the coding, pls let me know!
Thanks
1st
You need the wiring diagrams for Polo 6C... Web erWin VW for europe (easy, fast and cheap).

2nd
Install OEM parts (preferably new parts)... ETKA
Modify the wirings according diagrams. As I can see in my diagrams it is much easier that install Bi-xenon in 6R without BCM Max from factory.

3rd
Autoscan from another Polo 6C LHD with LED headlights from factory. (to compare)
To codify the Polo 6C units I think you need access codes, similar as for the Golf VII. (search on google) e.g http://www.vagcars.dk/phpbb/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1007713
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Many of the coding in polo 6C is also done by changing the adaptation channels. Access code is 31347.
iceman86
New

Post by iceman86 »

Hi. I have looked on the adaptation channels in vcds but can't find the bytes that must be modified. Do you have any idea about which ones must be updated? I have even bought a new BCM from a GTI with LED but it has "component protection" and cannot use it. Hiw could I deactivate the CP on the new BCM?
graaja
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GT TSi

Post by graaja »

I am planning to upgrade the H7 halogens in my Polo 6R to Bi-Xenons. Before finalizing I wanted to check out the LED headlights as well. The LED lights look much cooler than the BiXenons, but performance is the primary criteria for me as I often drive in winding roads in mountains.

From an earlier comment from "ciclo", one drawback in the LED headlights is that they do not have the cornering lamps that are present in the BiXenons. In the winding hill roads that I drive often, a cornering light is a boon (the cornering light function in my fogs is as good as nothing). So lack of cornering lights in the LED headlights is a big drawback.

Has anyone had a chance to compare the OE BiXenons and the LED headlights back to back? How is the lighting of the LEDs compared to the BiXenons in terms of beam pattern, brightness etc. Is there any feature where the LED lights outperform the BiXenons?
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

I have had both in my cars. I think the bi-xenons and LEDs put out about the same amount of light.
The plus of the LEDs is that they have a seperate high beam so double the light. The bi-xenons have a lens that pops up
The plus of the bi-xenon is the excellent static cornering light.

Living in Switzerland myself, I rate both very well for rural driving. To say which one is better, I don't know.
I prefer the looks of the LEDs and they are a bit more rare, so that's why i'm driving them.
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

iichel wrote:I have had both in my cars. I think the bi-xenons and LEDs put out about the same amount of light.
The plus of the LEDs is that they have a seperate high beam so double the light. The bi-xenons have a lens that pops up
The plus of the bi-xenon is the excellent static cornering light.

Living in Switzerland myself, I rate both very well for rural driving. To say which one is better, I don't know.
I prefer the looks of the LEDs and they are a bit more rare, so that's why i'm driving them.
Thank you so much for the feedback.

One advantage I was considering with the BiXenons compared to LEDs is the dynamic cornering where the Xenons track steering wheel movement. From your comment in the other thread, the Xenons for Polo 6R do not have left right movement, only up and down, which should be available in the LEDs as well. As you have said that in terms of performance, both are equal, the only advantage of the BiXenons is the cornering lamp. And the LEDs have the advantage of being cool and unique. This is turning out to be a tough decision indeed! :?

Have you taken any video or pictures of the LED headlights in terms of light output, low beam and high beam spread etc?

Also, are the LED bulbs replaceable like replacing a HID or halogen bulb?
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

It is certainly a difficult decision. Remember that the Static Cornering Lights only work up to 40 km/h and with a large angle of steering wheel (roundabouts and intersections mostly). Maybe bixenon headlights have no better utility than Led's headlights for those mountains.

In the following link there is a video that was reported by CNK in which we can anticipate what will be the headlights for the next VW POLO generation.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=59844&start=300#p515201
I love these LED headlights, already on many VW models.

However, LEDs are being evolved permanently and within a year all this could be different.
CNK
Gold Member
Drives: 6R

Post by CNK »

ciclo wrote:In the following link there is a video that was reported by CNK in which we can anticipate what will be the headlights for the next VW POLO generation.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=59844&start=300#p515201
I love these LED headlights, already on many VW models.

However, LEDs are being evolved permanently and within a year all this could be different.

Here is other video with VW GOL GT:
https://www.facebook.com/INPGarage/vide ... 910125025/ 8)
graaja
Getting There!

Post by graaja »

Those LED headlights on the GOL look much more advanced than the present GTi LED headlights. Looks like they have some sort of lens arrangement for the LEDs whereas the present GTi headlights have reflectors.
iceman86
New

Post by iceman86 »

Hi. I finally managed to do the coding for the LED lights on my 6C by replacing the old bcm with a newer version from a "donor" with led lights. I still have to find a way to activate the drl. Any idea about the things I must do? Thx
iceman86
New

Post by iceman86 »

Hello. After a long time, I finnally made it work 100% but I still get the faults for the right-left bulbs, even though they work perfectly. What is there left to be done? [img]
Attachments
922B832E-5569-46F1-B50E-0B3B599B87FD.jpeg
firegrafik
Bronze Member
Drives: 6R 1,6MPI(CFNA) sedan

Post by firegrafik »

iceman86 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:57 pm Hello. After a long time, I finnally made it work 100% but I still get the faults for the right-left bulbs, even though they work perfectly. What is there left to be done? [img]
Your BCM has EEPROM not for LED headlights that's why DRL is not working in parking-lights mode, and BCM has faults, and also it could be short flickering of the low beam while you swich from high beam to the low beam.

But if you have ODIS engeneering or VagCanPro it is possible to edit BCM's EEPROM and make everything to work fine. I know the way through the VCP, by using VCP's application - ProgrammerBCMPQx5

EDITED
BUT. there is one big notification I haven't clarified at first. All that I wrote is concerning Polo 6R based on PQ25 BCM. Unfortunately for 6C I don't know the exact ways , but suppose it something same to do, but it is high possibility to activite in apaptation channels in 09 centr electr.
You should ask guys who have LED headlight from the factory to send you autoscan with adaptation map of the 09 centr electr, and compare it with yours
iceman86
New

Post by iceman86 »

The BCM is from a donor that had factory Led installed. All the lights are working incl Cornering, but bulb error could not be deleted. What precisely do I have to change in the coding in EEPROM?