Polo Touch screen radio issues

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
JohnPolo
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI

Re: Polo Touch screen radio issues

Post by JohnPolo »

My inertia in going back to vw is due in part to the fact that I feel vw are feeling in the dark with this pop issue. When I know that they have the issue sorted I'll be more motivated to take mine back in. Hopefully it would be 3rd time lucky.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Doc_House
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 VW Polo SE and 1972 GT Beetle

Post by Doc_House »

Got it back... Firmware update and so far so good
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

what firmware are you running now?
Doc_House
Bronze Member

Post by Doc_House »

Doc_House
Bronze Member

Post by Doc_House »

It's going back to VW again doing exactly the same as before. :evil: :evil: :evil:
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Post by JohnPolo »

Not good. [emoji53]

Doc_House
Bronze Member

Post by Doc_House »

found a secret menu... hold down the menu and setup button for five seconds and it shows the update and data logging for the system... interesting but not very functional guessing it needs to be connected to something else first.
Doc_House
Bronze Member

Post by Doc_House »

Quick update after a week in the dealers it's returned with a new screen and the problem seems to have gone away for now :-)
JohnPolo
Silver Member

Re: RE: Re: Polo Touch screen radio issues

Post by JohnPolo »

Doc_House wrote:Quick update after a week in the dealers it's returned with a new screen and the problem seems to have gone away for now :-)
That's good news . Fingers crossed. Despite my media problem the touch screen has been ok. Different issue . :)

tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Post by tomtoon2015 »

Mine froze earlier. Turned the car on, responded once and then stopped. Turned the screen off and on three times to no avail. Left it off for around 10 minutes and then it started working again. Weird thing was the temperature was 11C...
deltalimamike
Getting There!
Drives: GT TSI

Post by deltalimamike »

I get occasional issues with mine.

I find if I push and hold the on off button for a few seconds it does a "soft reset" which has always worked for me so far.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Well I seem to be having problems with my touch screen which doesn't surprise me at all.

Did it come back to life after a couple of minutes?

Bit of luck I've already got it booked in for other problems so I'll just add it to the list.
turkishpride
New
Drives: Polo Beats Edition

Post by turkishpride »

Hi

New to the forums but I too have a 66 plate Polo Beats Edition with the smart app connect touch screen which for the past couple of months has been doing random things which I'll list below

1) Freezing for brief periods with no touchscreen response
2) Rebooting itself randomly (sometimes when on calls)
3) Making phone calls at random
4) Switching radio stations on it's own

It's been in with my local dealer for issues with touchscreen twice already, first time they said it needed a software update but couldn't get the unit to accept the update so I can to take it back in once they had a courtesy car available, then when it went in again it accepted the update and all was well for a couple of days but the issues are still occurring. Now the dealer are saying they need to see the issues occur to progress it any further but the problem is the issues are intermittent so won't do them on demand and they will probably need my car for several days to try and get them to replicate whilst I'm lumbered with a £12 a day charge to have a courtesy car. I've managed to get one instance of the radio changing stations on it's own on my camera phone which I've emailed them but not had a response yet, will chase them up today about it.

It's interesting what others have said about the temperature as a lot of mine occur first thing in the morning when it's very cold although others occur when it's been warmer and the car's been driven for quite a while.

I even thought at one point the issue could be related to the air con unit as a few times the issues have occurred at the specific time I've changed the dials on it.

It's hard to know if it's the touchscreen itself as that is all that is a touchscreen, the data it shows and brains etc are inside the glove box so I wonder if that unit is at fault?
Dave_C
New
Drives: 1.2TSi Match

Post by Dave_C »

If you are paying £12 per day it's not a courtesy car, it's a rental!

My wife had similar problems in her Smart Car. After 13 weeks investigation (with Mercedes themselves involved at the later stages) the only cure was a replacement head unit.