New Polo Blue GT spec questions

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

New Polo Blue GT spec questions

Post by Norbreck21a »

Hi Guys,

Well I can't believe it's been 2½ years since we took delivery of the wife's Polo Blue GT, it's been an absolute belter. As the 3 year PCP will be up later this year, we are deciding whether to keep the car (and pay off the final amount), or with the deals VW are running at the moment (VWFS deposit contribution and loyalty bonuses), whether to chop it in for a newer version (yes the wife love's it that much that she would order another in almost identical spec).

The above being the case I do have a few questions which I can't seem to find answers to on the VW website and was hope a few here could assist.

1. When (not if) we order again with Xenon Headlights, do they still come without front fog lights (i.e. would I need to add them again as I did on her existing ?)

2. Are the front bumpers on the Blue GT still the same as they were in 2013 - i.e. would the GTI honeycombed lower mesh grill that we have fitted onto her current Blue GT as well as the foglight grills fit the new car, or are they now a different shape ?

3. If we spec the Adaptive cruise control pack (as I have it on the Golf and it's fab) at £795, does that come included with front / rear parking sensors and a rear view camera ?

4. I guess the new Polo's have the newer MIB style infotainment units (similar to the Golf 7), so her existing RNS-510 Navigation system wouldn't fit, and for an OEM solution, she would have to order the Discover Nav option at £700 ?

Thanks in advanced
mogwai
New
Drives: 2015 Polo Blue Gt

Re: New Polo Blue GT spec questions

Post by mogwai »

My Blue Gt which I have had since July last year which I specced with Xenons does have the front fog lights and the upper and lower grills are just horizontal bars. I don't know about the cruise control. As far as the stereo swap goes I don't know the answer to that one. But as standard it has blue tooth buit in and is now fully integrated rather than having to have a bolt on module like some the blue gt's in previous years.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

If you go for radar cruise control, then the honeycomb grille won't fit directly unless you cut a hole in it for the radar to 'see' through. The configurator isn't accurate- the ACC Cruise & Park pack is no longer available, as it was only previously available on the SE which isn't sold any more (all other Polo variants either don't have ACC available like the S or have cruise as standard, like the BlueGT). It's £395 for the radar cruise, and £295 for the parking sensors, so £690 for both, according to the current pricelist.
tomtoon2015
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 blueGT

Post by tomtoon2015 »

I thought parking sensors were standard on the BlueGT?

Also I'm positive the ACC was only £500? Unless they've changed it since January

In regards to Nav if you want the sat Nav yes you will have to pay the £700 as the ICE's are different.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

Not according to the pricelist! They're a £295 option on the Bluemotion and BlueGT. They're only standard (along with cruise) on the Match, SEL, and R-Line. The BlueGT and Bluemotion do however have cruise as standard.

ACC was £500 on cars without cruise (like the old SE). If cruise is fitted as standard (as it now is on everything but the S and GTI) then it's £395 (as it was for the SEL etc)
wigit
Bronze Member

Post by wigit »

I think it is a shame they have not given the Blue GT a bit more of a makeover.

Mine is three years ild in May and done 43,000 miles in that time and it has been superb and even been sprinted at Curborough

Was going to replace the Golf R and the Polo and went out to try a Fiesta ST and in the end ordered a M2 to replace the Polo and will use the R as my daily

There was some logic and the R was to good a car to let go and residuals
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

Thanks all.

Wigit, wish I was a pound behind you (beautiful M2) :lol: :lol: